Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq 2210 question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq 2210 question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweety
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Ipaq 2210 question Reply with quote

If I use the Ipaq 2210 with SysOnChip GPS CF Plus II with XTrac II
can the Ipaq be charged from the cigarette lighter ?
gokhart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a car charger for your PDA then yes. You may want to consider getting a car mount which has a charger built in. I use the tomtom one for the IPAQ.
Darryl
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gokhart - whta is the TT mount like? I wanted to get the Seidio GPS2500 mount because of the built in speaker, but everyone seems to say that is frys the Ipaq. Can you hear your PPC OK with the TT mount?
gokhart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had problems hearing my IPAQ, but I do not play my stereo loud. This weekend I will be driving on the motorway, so things may be different then (hearing the thing).

To be honest, if I was buying a mount now I would do more research and maybe not have gone with the Tomtom one. My requirements in order of preference were/are:

1) Choices of mounts : dashboard (which tomtom one does, but you need to stick a round cap, supplied down first), vent or window (tomtom does). SO basically with Tomtom, no vent mount, but you may be able to get a 3rd party adapter from Brodit for this.
2) Power supply to IPAQ and GPS (I have a tomtom one). Tomtom does this.
3) No additional speaker supplied, I have not had a problem yet, but I am getting an Audia-X Digiana FM Wireless Transmitter which I'll report on once I've tried it out.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an iPAQ 2210 and I find the voice with TomTom is loud enough. I also have CoPilot, and I have a job to hear that at speed. When running CoPilot I use an auxiliary battery powered speaker that I bought from Maplins for about £7.99
Robin
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have music on in my car, and using the Seidio I can here TomTom fine with the music playing whereas I couldn't using the TomTom car kit. I don't have any problems with it frying the ipaq either - I think that was an early model problem that must be sorted now.
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nej wrote:
I always have music on in my car, and using the Seidio I can here TomTom fine with the music playing whereas I couldn't using the TomTom car kit. I don't have any problems with it frying the ipaq either - I think that was an early model problem that must be sorted now.

Obviously I meant to type 'hear' rather than 'here', but hey - it's Friday and my brain can't be expected to work all week!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: