Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 1390T - Bluetooth Issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 1390T - Bluetooth Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FergusG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 1390T - Bluetooth Issues Reply with quote

Hi all,

Haven't posted here since first taking ownership of a now retired i3 which I've just replaced with a Nuvi 1390T.

I have one issue with my Nuvi which Garmin UK support suggested must be a hardware fault, seeing as I'm running the latest firmware. Personally, I'm sceptical of Garmin's response and reluctant to stick the item in the post back to them. Garmin were only interested in the firmware version (4.20) and didn't ask which versions of the supplemental software I was running (Bluetooth, Voices, etc). I do happen to be running the latest version of all the software components, but don't believe the premise that it must be a hardware fault if I'm running the latest software. Am I to believe that whilst previous versions of software were later found to contain some defects, this version is 100% free of defects?

Any way, I'm interested to understand if anyone else has experiened the same issue, and if I should hold out for a software update....

About one time in ten, powering up the device results in no sound at all. No beep when pressing icons on the screen, no voice directions and no speed camera beeps. If I look at the software versions on my unit when it's exhibiting this fault, the Bluetooth software shows up as version number "Unknown". Problem seems to occur regardless of whether my paired phone (Blackberry 8800) is turned on, turned off or mistakenly left at home!

Turning the device off and on again (usually once, sometimes twice) results in sound being restored and the 'About' screen showing Bluetooth version "1.73".

Any thoughts, advice or inspiration appreciated!
FergusG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a single reply received, so I took it as a fair assumption that this wasn't a common problem or 'user error'! Sent the device back to Garmin under RMA, and got a replacement unit that works flawlessly. Happy camper once again!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry there was no replies but as you guessed no one else seems to have the problem. Still at least it's sorted.
FergusG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Sorry there was no replies

No need for apologies at all. The lack of replies actually answered my query, by highlighting that nobody else had experienced or solved the problem themselves!
keenrw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I had the no sound problem the other day on my 1690T .. it was just after using the bluetooth , i tuned the unit off then back on and the sound was back.

Rich

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: