Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - which audio format with 950 live and problems with Home
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

which audio format with 950 live and problems with Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: which audio format with 950 live and problems with Home Reply with quote

Hi, I have just bought a tomtom 950 live after owning a 910, before that i had a 700 and before that a 300. the 910 was loaded up with pocketgps speed cameras. with the larger icons and the voices was ordinary ones from the 910 "kate"?. I copied everything over from the 910 to the 950 live that I needed to but I cant get the normal "kate" voice to read out the speed cams. Is this down to the diferent format that the 950 live uses? ie wav or ogg? (which format)? I know it wont play mp3's now like the 910 does.Also which folder will they go in?.

My main problem I have though is that my 910 will work with XP "and" Windows 7 with no problem, but the 950 live wont work with "Home" when using Windows 7, but will work with XP! the only way I can get the 950 live to work with Windows 7 is to start Home in "compatibility mode" otherwise Windows 7 and Home together cant see a device connected, (it is seen in devices) I have downloaded a file called home-images which tomtom tells you in their faq's about problems with Windows 7 etc, but there was no difference in "Home" recognizing the 950 or not! This is the same on both my main pc and my laptop. Any ideas please?. I have been in touch with tomtom support about this but they don't have an answer as of yet. I am using all the lasest updates for Windows 7 and Home.

As I have "live" info on my 950, does any-one notice that when you get the weather it comes back with the wind speed of 1mph! even when it was blowing at 50mph the other day it read 1mph, why is that? where do they get their weather info from?

regards, Derrick
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: managed to get voices going Reply with quote

after ages is seems (hours) i have managed to get the voice files working properly on my 950, unit needed to be reset many times though.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windoze 7 (Deliberate spelling) is probably compounding the issue, try sticking with XP/ Vista for the time being until TT get a version of Home that will work with Microsoft's finest (sic) - Mike
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is any-one using windows7 and Home with a 950 live successfully?
djc1610
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes

I am using Windows 7 with Home 2.7 and a 950 Live with no problems whatsoever.

VW RNS 510 and TomTom 5200 World
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djchapple,
hi, its interesting that your win7 works with your 950 live with Home, i have had to do many screen shots and tests for tomtom and send them files but still they cant sort out this problem. i could understand it if it was just one of my computers that wouldnt work with it but it wont work with my laptop either, but it will work in win7 compatibility mode for some reason. iv'e been building and repairing computers since the early 1980's and know my way around them but am at a loss about this. yes i can just use win7 in xp compatibility mode and leave it like that but I like to know the reasons why it wont work in win7.
Also when you check on the weather does it give you a wind speed of 1mph? i wonder where they get their info from as the other week it was blowing 50mph and their info said 1mph!
regards
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you chaps using 32 bit or 64 bit Windoze 7 ??? - Mike
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im using widows7 with 32 bit on both computers.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: