Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom support
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: tomtom support Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me the email address for tomtom support (not that I expect to get a reply, judging by other people's experience!) When I went to their web page and tried to get to the support page, it started downloading something very big (probably an animated demo) and as we don't have broadband here, I gave up after a few minutes. This has happened several times.
I want to ask them when they expect to have a fix for the address lookup problem. I am a fairly satisfied user of TTN2, but would like to upgrade to get some slightly more up to date maps. But I don't want to do so until they have fixed the lookup
Robin
CheesyFeet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://support.tomtom.com/uk/

I think you experienced the flash advertisement of TomTom Go - Their new stand alone GPS navigator which will slow you down big style if you don't have broadband
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get an answer, I, as the author of the 'open letter' to TomTom about the address lookup situation would love to hear it.

Right now, I'm a little frustrated with TomTom's somewhat non-committal response over this. If I had some definite reassurance that someone in the development team was looking at what could be done, I'd be much happier.

David
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have phone number for tomtom if anyone wants pls email me

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently on the line to them at the moment trying to get my money back due to the underhanded way they deal with orders. I.e. take your money then give them no way to get in contact because they won't ship the order. Ive been waiting over 48 hours for an email reply Sad. The sales line is the same as the technical support line. (In the UK the support line is 08451610009, got that after waiting 40 mins on an international call to holland to speak to the receptionist) I've now been on the uk number for 12 minutes and have been told waiting time is over 20 mins. This company has turned out to have the WORST customer suopport I've ever had to deal with Sad.

Jas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've revise my views, Once you can actually get to speak to someone on the phone they are ok. It was just the not being able to get in contact with someone, and their lack of response to mails. If you can wait to get through on the phone i think you get a better service.

Jas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they agree to a refund?
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They explained the way their shipping works and that the "Warehouse" status may not change until you have recived the item, As I bought a new product i should recive within 5 working days, (In Netherlands it was a Bank Holiday yesterday) so I should recieve next week. So I've decided to wait till then.

But he did also mention that with the Upgrades when it was ordered it mentiuoned to wait up to 21 days for delivery on their web site.

So basically, dont rely on the Warehouse status.

Jas
R1chard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasuk70 wrote:
In Netherlands it was a Bank Holiday yesterday..
Hmm! That's what they said to me a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps it's a standard response. Happy

Richard
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to tomtom

the following are public holidays in the Netherlands

January 01 Thursday New Year's Day
February 23 Monday Carnival (2 days)
April 09 Friday Good Friday
April 12 Monday Easter Monday
April 30 Friday Queen's Birthday
May 04 Tuesday Liberty Day
May 05 Wednesday Liberation Day
May 20 Thursday Ascension
May 31 Monday Whit Monday
December 25 Saturday Christmas Day
December 26 Sunday Boxing Day

So they were telling the truth....

April & May look like a good time to be a Dutch worker!

Ian
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive never bothered with the uk number ive always gone for international number

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually i'm pretty sure that the UK number takes you to exactly the same people and place as the International one, just cheaper. (When you get through it is the dutch ringing tone.)

Jas
R1chard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasuk70 wrote:
Actually i'm pretty sure that the UK number takes you to exactly the same people and place as the International one, just cheaper. (When you get through it is the dutch ringing tone.)

Yes, that's right although I believe the UK local rate number patches you straight through to Technical Support whereas the Dutch number is a general number for TomTom and is fronted by an IVR routing system.

I'd rather use the UK number if I'm paying the phone bills - particularly if I have to wait 30 minutes to get through to a member of the support staff!

Richard
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's not the last day they should have it delivered to me and it hasnt arrived. Also my status hasnt changed from Warehouse Sad.

I can get it delivered tomorrow if i order today from www.dabs.com as they have it in stock (And they only charge your card when you stock is about to ship) and it's also cheaper.

I'm begining to think I really was fobbed off by the support, another long wait on the phone line is now due Sad.

Jas
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just phoned up and apparently it's not been shipped and it has not been put down to be shipped. and did I know there was a 21 delivery days on this item. After telling them it was not an upgrade they seemed to get lost for a bit and then starting along the same tack as the person last week. The person at support then told me that it was out of stock last week and is now in stock this week. When I asked for a refund, they wanted full bank details (Including code numbers I’ve never heard of before) and it will take a least a week to do a refund. (Which is amazing as it took 1 hour to get the money from my bank account)? She then said it will be quicker to get the stuff shipped (3 days) to me than to wait for the refund and order else where (At least a week). Basically I will never buy from this company direct again, their product might be good but they are not able to sell direct, buy through other companies who know how to treat their customers. Obviously the person I spoke to last week just fobbed me off which has annoyed me even more and I don’t know whether to believe this person either Sad.

Jas

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: