Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - F&H V1 - 4.3 Sat Nav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

F&H V1 - 4.3 Sat Nav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: F&H V1 - 4.3 Sat Nav Reply with quote

Hi...I'm a newbie here with my very first Sat Nav.
It's a Foehn & Hirsch 4.3" and I 'think' it's the same as Navigon, but I'm not sure. I certainly can't see it listed here.
I now have Tom Tom 7 on it which is working well but was advised to visit you for Safety Cam downloads and sounds to link Gatso's etc to a specific sound.
So, can someone tell me if indeed the F&H is covered and where I put the files after download within TT?
Many thanks
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need the instructions for TomTom Navigator 5, 6 & 7 on PocketPC instructions, found Here.

There is a Video Tutorial link on This Page.

Any problems, just come back and ask.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
kwil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: F&H V1 4.3" Reply with quote

Thanks Richard for taking time to reply.
However, I'd welcome clarification on two points:

1) you didn't exactly address my question.
In the Compatibility list the F&H Sat Nav doesn't figure. The video shows the need to download 'Tom Tom. OV2'
There appear to be different TT's in the Compatibility list, again with no mention of F&H in the adjoining column.
So what TT would I download, and where will I find 'TT OV2'?

2) I note in order to get the camera database, I have to subscribe via PayPal.
I don't have an account with PayPal, so how do I open one and 'load' money onto it?
Many thanks
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: F&H V1 4.3" Reply with quote

kwil wrote:
1) you didn't exactly address my question.
In the Compatibility list the F&H Sat Nav doesn't figure. The video shows the need to download 'Tom Tom. OV2'
There appear to be different TT's in the Compatibility list, again with no mention of F&H in the adjoining column.
So what TT would I download, and where will I find 'TT OV2'?
You stated that you were using TT7, in which case the handheld you are using is irrelevant, so there will be no mention of F&H.

TT7 is the Navigator version of TomTom software, so I pointed you to the TT Navigator compatibility Link.

When you are Subscribed you will be able to download the ov2 files by clicking the large icon (top left of every page), marked "Download Here", where you select the database of your choice.

All TTs use the same method of using the ov2 files.

kwil wrote:
2) I note in order to get the camera database, I have to subscribe via PayPal.
I don't have an account with PayPal, so how do I open one and 'load' money onto it?
If you click the Download Icon, you will be reminder that you need to Subscribe and, IIRC (it's been a long time), you will have the opportunity to start the process, where several options of paying are listed. You can also start the process from This Page.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: