Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - France - Bison Futé routes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

France - Bison Futé routes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goltho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: France - Bison Futé routes Reply with quote

The Bison Futé route system is an alternative to congestion, and also Peages. I'm currently planning a French trip and don't want to incur big Peage charges with a large vehicle. Does anyone have any knowledge of any type of POI (for TomTom) or similar, which might provide non-toll-road alternatives? Ta.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally am not aware of any POI database which actually supports routes, only places.

If you just want to avoid the peages, haven't you got an 'avoid' option on your satnav for tolls? Or one to avoid motorways?

Or do you actually want to follow the Bison Fute routes? I certainly did, on my more leisurely travels during peak holiday periods - but, as I'm sure you know, they do add on a LOT of miles (sorry, kilometres Smile ). If so, I can only suggest that you check the BF map and set up 'via point'/stage destinations to make a route, and then follow the green BF signs in between.

Sorry can't be more helpful, but there may be more imaginative responses Laughing !
goltho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
I personally am not aware of any POI database which actually supports routes, only places.

David - good point, well presented. Smile I was thinking aloud, not properly. Rolling Eyes

BigPerk wrote:
If you just want to avoid the peages, haven't you got an 'avoid' option on your satnav for tolls? Or one to avoid motorways?

I have, and am playing with that as we speak.

BigPerk wrote:
Or do you actually want to follow the Bison Fute routes?

The main thing for me is travelling the most direct non-toll routes, as opposed to actual BF routes per se.

Thanks. Smile
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently journeyed to/fro Spain and the Uk pulling a trailer, As I was speed limited there was no need to pay peages for using the faster motorway system through France. I plotted my route using www.ViaMichelin.com as I was able to pre-define various route conditions, one of them being "avoid peage" and created an itinerary on my TT by "dropping" in strategically placed waypoints.

But, doesn´t your SatNav have the same option to avoid tolls? especially if you able to limit the maximum speed also.

Failing all this, in the download POI database section above, there is a POI category for European Tolls/Peages. Load this onto your TT and at least you'll know where you have to avoid.

Regards.

P.S. However, the Millau bridge is well worth the €6.50 toll in my opinion, but only if it is on your route.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
goltho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
I have recently journeyed to/fro Spain and the Uk pulling a trailer

We also have a trailer (car) behind a 10m RV, so speed isn't an issue for me too. Thanks for the Peages POI tip - I'll grab that shortly. Yes, the Millau bridge is amazing, although this time, it's not en-route.

Regards.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option available for pre-planning routes for the device to follow is to use the Itinerary route planning option, this way you can force the route to be one you really want - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: