Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Do maps exist for these countries!?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Do maps exist for these countries!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex98uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Do maps exist for these countries!? Reply with quote

I have a Tom Tom IQ XL Routes Edition (UK & EU). I'm trying to find maps that cover Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro and possibly, Serbia. Seems like Tom Tom don't cover that region, are there any 3rd party maps?
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nav N Go iGO 8 Full Europe version
•Latest map updates of Europe (excluding Russia) covering 43 countries
•Tele Atlas WEU maps + TopMap’s Eastern European maps with outstanding coverage
•3D landmarks, 3D city maps, Digital Elevation Model
•More than 1.8 million POI

LOOK HERE
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no 3rd party TomTom maps that I'm aware of. The NavnGo mapset mentioned in the previous post won't be compatible with your device.
alex98uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! I guess I should keep keep with the girlfriend and map book then :p

There isn't any custom firmware? Does that exist or is it illegal to talk about?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Do maps exist for these countries!? Reply with quote

alex98uk wrote:
I have a Tom Tom IQ XL Routes Edition (UK & EU). I'm trying to find maps that cover Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro and possibly, Serbia. Seems like Tom Tom don't cover that region, are there any 3rd party maps?

Oh yes they do! I have all those countries on my TT One. "Detailed map seamlessly covering Western and Central Europe (44 countries)- modified to fit devices with 2GB memory. With IQ Routes™ data for faster routing.
Map coverage statistics:
countries fully covered (99.9%): Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands, the Canary Islands and the Vatican City.
countries partially covered: Bulgaria (54%), Latvia (63%) and Croatia (42%, including major cities and coastal areas)
roads covered (kms): over 8.7 million
connector roads: other Central European Countries and Russia are covered by a connector network of major roads that allows you seamless navigation throughout the entire region.
"

They are perfectly good enought to navigate in most of the Balkan countries. Done that !
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your list of countries that you would like covered, it appears that only Croatia is covered. Even then, it is only at a 42% level!

Croatia (42%, including major cities and coastal areas)

See here.

Steven

iPhone 12
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:
In your list of countries that you would like covered, it appears that only Croatia is covered. Even then, it is only at a 42% level!

Croatia (42%, including major cities and coastal areas)

See here.

Steven

The other countries are covered, Steven, see from your link, "connector roads: other Central European Countries are covered allowing you seamless navigation throughout the entire region"This coverage is perfectly adequate for the region - I have used them! It is just that in the towns and villages, often there is limited coverage. However, navigating from one town to the next in the Balkans, is available.
Graham
alex98uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great info Gee-Pee! What is the name of the map pack I would need?

I currently have the UK & EU edition, so it has the following map pack installed:

Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB

Do I need to just update that or get a new map pack? If I got a new map pack, would there be space on the device to install it or do I have to delete the other?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the TomTom mapshop HERE, then:
- enter your device (XL IQ Routes Edition)
- enter the map location you want (I'd suggest "Eastern Europe" but there are other options you might want to look at).

That will then show you the coverage for the various countries and also the size of the map in MB and the price.

As You do not have an SD card slot on that model, it's unlikely that you will have enough space for both maps. But you are the best person to tell that, just connect the TT to your PC and use Windows Explorer to check the space you have left.

if you have to remove the UK and Europe map to fit on the Eastern Europe one and you have access to a PC, this is easy to do. It's just a matter of moving the entire Western Europe map folder off the TT onto the PC temporarily.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: