Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I love my 730T but......
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I love my 730T but......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: I love my 730T but...... Reply with quote

....there is one thing that happened a couple of months ago when using it and I have not been able to get rid of it and now I have my 730T looking wonderful again ( thanks to 8.392 ) I would like to try to sort out this small niggle.
I have a good many POI categories that I have created and loaded into my nav. , which I use on a regular basis.

On Main Menu page 1 , I press "Navigate to..."
I then press the "Point of Interest" icon
on next screen I press "POI near you"
this brings up the next page that contains 5 icons ( plus the arrow to the next screen ).
"Search POI" icon and the next 4 icons are for the last 4 POI categories that you selected.
Well on mine I have the "Search POI" icon and then in the other 4 icons I have one of my POI categories duplicated , so that the icon for that particular POI is included twice in those 4 icons................................does this make any sense ??????

To make things clearer ( I hope ) this is what I have:
"Search POI" icon "Hospitals" icon "NHS" icon
"Hospitals" icon "Petrol Stations" icon arrow to next screen

So as you can see I have my "Hospitals" POI category on there twice.

If I use a different POI category the only one that ever changes on that screen is the 5th one ( currently "Petrol Stations" )

Anybody got any idea how I can get rid of one of them ?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi keithjeffrey, like you I have 8.392 on my Go730. I have tried to replicate your problem but can't. But to try to delete on of your "Hospitals" what happens if you get to the page you describe i.e.

.......... this is what I have:
"Hospitals" icon "Petrol Stations" icon arrow to next screen ...........

and then touch the arrow icon to select a different POI category and repeat this at least 5 times with different POI categories so that the last icons that show, scroll through and displace the duplicated "Hospital" icon.

I hope all that make sense?
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
Hi keithjeffrey, like you I have 8.392 on my Go730. I have tried to replicate your problem but can't. But to try to delete on of your "Hospitals" what happens if you get to the page you describe i.e.

.......... this is what I have:
"Hospitals" icon "Petrol Stations" icon arrow to next screen ...........

and then touch the arrow icon to select a different POI category and repeat this at least 5 times with different POI categories so that the last icons that show, scroll through and displace the duplicated "Hospital" icon.

I hope all that make sense?

Hello Ali , thanks for your suggestions but I cannot see a way of deleting one of the "Hospital" icons.
I have just tried using 5 different POI categories in an effort to scroll everything along , but all that happens is that the 5th icon continually changes and the other 3 icons "Hospitals" , "NHS" and "Hospitals" stay the same.

This is weird ???????
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! I have it too. Thankfully I do not have the duplicate icon like you but, as you describe, only the last icon (i.e. bottom, middle) changes to the last category selected, the other 4/5 remain constant.
Very Strange. I hadn't noticed before, but it is going to bug me now. Thanks! Smile
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Iḿ thinking out loud here and I have not tried this but in an effort to delete your duplicate Hospital icon what would happen if you save the Hospital category to your computer, and then use the TT to remove that category from your TT. Surely that must remove BOTH icons and then you can re-load the Hospitals from the PC. Maybe best not to make a Hospital your first next choice of POI categaory you navigate to but select an entirely different NEW category that you use often as this may become you new 4th "fixed" icon.
What do you think?
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
Ok, Iḿ thinking out loud here and I have not tried this but in an effort to delete your duplicate Hospital icon what would happen if you save the Hospital category to your computer, and then use the TT to remove that category from your TT. Surely that must remove BOTH icons and then you can re-load the Hospitals from the PC. Maybe best not to make a Hospital your first next choice of POI categaory you navigate to but select an entirely different NEW category that you use often as this may become you new 4th "fixed" icon.
What do you think?

I like the way you think. Cool
I am going to give that a go now................wish me luck !
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: From this day forward........... Reply with quote

.......let it be known that AliOnHols is a GENIUS !!!!!!!

It only bleddy worked.
I actually deleted all of my most used POI's off and went through the various pages until I came to 'that screen' and the only icons on there were the "Search POI" icon and the arrow icon.......so far so good. Smile

I then uploaded all my POI's back on again and started to load up 'that screen' with my POI icons again.
I loaded in 4 different ones and then went for a 5th ( drum roll )....................result Very Happy , they all moved along one and the 5th one was there and the 1st one had dropped off.

Tried it a few more times and each time the new one appeared and the last one dropped off.
Just got to make sure now that it keeps doing that 'in the real world'.

Thanks again Ali.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah! Iḿ glad it worked. Laughing
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: From this day forward........... Reply with quote

keithjeffrey wrote:

I then uploaded all my POI's back on again and started to load up 'that screen' with my POI icons again.
I loaded in 4 different ones and then went for a 5th ( drum roll )....................result Very Happy , they all moved along one and the 5th one was there and the 1st one had dropped off.

Glad you got your main problem with the hospitals sorted, but just for info, I don't think the behaviour you describe above will happen for long.

It's a weird and wonderful algorithm they use to decide which categories get shown on the first page. At first it will be the first five you use, but after a while the first ones will get very "sticky" and will refuse to move. You have to Navigate to.. a certain category over and over again in order to get it to move up from "last place".
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: From this day forward........... Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
keithjeffrey wrote:

Glad you got your main problem with the hospitals sorted, but just for info, I don't think the behaviour you describe above will happen for long.

It's a weird and wonderful algorithm they use to decide which categories get shown on the first page. At first it will be the first five you use, but after a while the first ones will get very "sticky" and will refuse to move. You have to Navigate to.. a certain category over and over again in order to get it to move up from "last place".

Thanks for that information Andy , I will certainly be keeping an eye on it in the future.

But for now I am as happy as a pig in s........................well you know what I mean. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: