Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cameras removed but getting messages
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cameras removed but getting messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Cameras removed but getting messages Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
I have recently been using the TT cameras on my nice new XL Live IQ, using the free three month trial of Live services, including the cameras, comparing them to the pockegpsworld database which I had installed on another TT device alongside. Honestly, they really are a whole heap of doodoo! For the last six weeks, they've been showing average speed cameras on the M4 east of Swindon Jct 15 and the M5 north of junction 9 - cameras which have not been there since they were removed many weeks ago (NOT just a few days ago).

I'm creating this as a new thread so as not to hijack the other thread.

At the moment I have both the PGPSW cameras and also the TT safety cameras working as I thought it would be interesting to see for myself how many TT miss. However, I drove back to London from South Wales yesterday and Kate kept telling me about the average speed cameras east of Swindon. I assume this must come from the PGPSW database. Before leaving last weekend, I deleted all the PGPSW ov2 files on my TT940 (at least I'm pretty sure I did) and then installed the latest ones. I do not bother to overwrite the bmp files. So how come I got the warnings from Kate for the cameras that no longer existed?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say without knowing what files you still have?

We infrequently change the processes so that some files move from one group to another such as tSPECS so it may be that you have an old file that is no longer used. Where this happens we do make an announcement but you may have missed it.

Or you could have changed database types at some point i.e. consolidated to speed zoned or vice versa.

In both these cases they would not be overwritten by a new update.

To check either post here all the speedcam.ov2 files you have installed OR delete all and then install the latest update
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just checked and all my ov2 speedcam files are dated 09/11/2009 12:50 so it desn't look like I kept any old ones. I see a new set was issued yesterday so I will do a new clean download anyway. I have always kept only to the speed zoned complete set.

Thanks.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norm, what device do you have? Does it have a memory card or another map folder?

Just wondering if perhaps there is an old set of files in another map folder?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure they are not coming from the TT database? DennisN said elsewhere that the cams east of Swindon are still on the TT database as of Sunday last (15th) Shocked
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren

It's a 940. Checked the SD card and it only has mp3 files.

M8TJT

I wondered that but it was Kate's OGG warning. Surely, the TT database doesn't trigger the OGG warnings?
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just created a route and I see they appear on the map as Specs 50. I have to go out now but when I am back I will remove all the ov2 files and install the one's uploaded yesterday and see whether that changes it.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a Browse Map, Find, POI, POI in city, Swindon, next screen, select the 50 mph specs (if it is there) and a list of 50mph specs cameras will come up. The nearest to Swindon I can find is 26.4 miles away. If you find a nearer camera you must have another OV2 on your unit. You cannot search for the TomTom SPECs.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: