Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 765T routing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

765T routing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: 765T routing Reply with quote

Is it me or are there problems with the routing of the current map? I have the route settings set on fastest and avoid traffic (I use the subscription traffic service which uses trafficmaster sensors as I understand it). Going from Surrey to Huntingdon yesterday, it wanted to take me on the M25 but go off at St Albans and cutting across country as opposed to going up the A1 (fastest). There were no traffic hold-ups so I just ignored it. Going from Huntingdon to Norwich was fine. However, Norwich back to Surrey wasn't. It took me down towards Ipswich (I assumed that there had been an accident on the A11 though checking later this wasn't the case) and across country to the A14. Then it got determined to route me across country before I got to the M11 and then after I had got on the M11, to get me to head towards Luton.

Eh???

Answers would be most appreciated as I did reset the unit after the map upgrade. Garmin unlocked it after the GPS update bother.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new routing engine in the 760 and 765 is one of the reasons i ditched Garmin. It has produced some of the weirdest routes for me and whatever you do they seem to favour the back routes than main roads sometimes.. Garmin couldn't / wouldn't tell me why this was...
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't be so bad if mapsource also calculated the routes the same way so you could see what you were letting yourself in for!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It's odd how MapSource will send you one way and the unit another. Even if you try to match the settings it won't work.
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelling in France a month ago with the setting for no motorways, we went on an amazing route from Reims to Montlucon through some lovely villages etc. Mapsource can't reproduce it which is a shame as we would probably go to stay in some of them. At one point, I had the paper road atlas out to work out where we were and to try and find out the proposed route.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: