Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Silicon Cases (x40)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Silicon Cases (x40)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any decent silicon rubber type cases / sleeves and screen protectors for the Go live 540?

Mine has just arrived and traffic seems to work well!

Also what is the best way to transfer a Western Europe map purchased and currently installed on my TOMTOM one XL to this device?
Is there a way of de-registering the map and then re-registering it to the GO live 540?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maps are linked (locked) to a specific device; they aren't interchangeable between 2 devices of the same model, let alone two different models. Sorry.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
Does anyone know of any decent silicon rubber type cases / sleeves and screen protectors for the Go live 540?

Mine has just arrived and traffic seems to work well!

Also what is the best way to transfer a Western Europe map purchased and currently installed on my TOMTOM one XL to this device?
Is there a way of de-registering the map and then re-registering it to the GO live 540?

Silicone cases seem to be not yet available anywhere specifically for the 540 live. Does anybody know whether it is the sane size as any of the prvious models and has a similar layout of speaker grilles on the back etc?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The width and height of the x40 is nearly the same as the One XL Classic, the speaker is also in a very similar location but the thickness of the XL is considerably more than the x40, unless the skin is made for the x40 I wouldn't bother purchasing other device skins to try on it as they will be a poor fit - Mike
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The width and height of the x40 is nearly the same as the One XL Classic, the speaker is also in a very similar location but the thickness of the XL is considerably more than the x40, unless the skin is made for the x40 I wouldn't bother purchasing other device skins to try on it as they will be a poor fit - Mike

Thanks Mike

I already have a one XL with a silicon case on it, the case is as you describe. similar but not identical and has to stretch to fit around the 540.

I just wondered whether it was the same size / layout as any of the more recent GO units?

The screen seems exactly the same size as my one XL so I can get a screen protector desgned for that.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have split this discussion from the HD Traffic thread as it would be better sitting on its own.

The x20/ x30 devices are very different, so any skin type covering will obscure the speaker and give problems with the car and Home dock if used on the x40 units - Wait till a specific cover is made available - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have thought them closer in size to the x20/x30 but doubtless a case to fit will come along soon enough.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know whether there is a silicone case available anywhere that fits x40's yet?

A quick look on fleebay only shows one which doesn't look like it is correct for an x40.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: