Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Driver update - 2.09. for us TT Nav 2 user
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Driver update - 2.09. for us TT Nav 2 user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: GPS Driver update - 2.09. for us TT Nav 2 user Reply with quote

What's going on?

I've just been to the tomtom.com web site to look for the 2.09 GPS driver update for Navigator 2 users, but cannot find it anywhere? In fact with all the hype of the new version, my impression is that unless you want to buy/upgrade to Navigator 3 or buy 'go', then you may as well forget it any help. Even the 'ask a question' web page has disappeared! Have TT forgotten their loyal Nav 2 users already?Evil or Very Mad

Any way as far as I can see there's little reason to go Nav 3 except if you want itinerary planning and new icons. 8O

I've searched high and low for the driver, even checked out the downloads on this site but can only get hold of the infamous 2.07 driver.

If anyone has the 2.09 driver I would be grateful ... Laughing

TC
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look a little harder.......

http://www.tomtom.com/updates/ppc_gps209.zip
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT,

I looked hard and looked again after your post and I still don't see it!! I go to the updates page and see a lot of stuff about navigator 3. I know I can user your link, thanks for that, but I'd be interested to know what steps you took to find it as I can't see the driver at all.

Thanks for your help

TC
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, I cannot find it now, but it was on a support page about the latest driver and at the bottom there was a download link for the previous driver.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like theyve uped the update to 3.01 for all navigator versions including citymaps i think i have a copy of 2.09 but if i was you id go with 2.07 as it seems little more stable from what people have said on here
if you want 2.09 pls mail me and ill sent it to you

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try GPS 3.01, which works fine with Navigator 2, and doesn't contain the more cretinous parts of 2.09 (such as the Wizard and the Bluetooth DLLs that made me so concerned about 2.09).

I'm not sure whether 3.01 contains the infamous Bluetooth driver of 2.08 and 2.08 - it looks as if there is a ttbtdev.dll, though whether it interferes as the 2.08 and 2.09 one did, I don't know - I don't have a Bluetooth GPS to test. 3.01 still needs uninstalling twice, so I'd hope that if there are still Bluetooth problems, that uninstalling it once stops any Bluetooth interference whilst still leaving the GPS driver working (this was the work-round for Bluetooth problems with 2.08 and 2.09).

I'd leave 2.09 well alone - there seems no point in going for an older release now.

So far as not upgrading Navigator goes - it's your choice. Personally, I'd suggest you upgrade, even if you just toss the upgrade kit into your desk drawer and forget about it for now. There is no upgrade path from Navigator 1 to Navigator 3 other than to purchase a Navigator 3 software pack at full retail price. Further, TomTom's upgrade offers are usually only open for a limited time.

At the moment, two upgrade fees is cheaper than the cost of Navigator 3 (well, the upgrade from Navigator 1 to Navigator 2 actually cost 39 Euros). I suspect this kind of pricing may continue - so if you want Navigator 4 in the future (which will probably contain M6 Toll at last), it will probably be cheaper to upgrade to Navigator 3 now, and upgrade again to Navigator 4 than to not upgrade now and likely lose your chance to upgrade your existing copy of Navigator 2.

It's your choice, though.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: