Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reasons for Cameras (split from A127 thread)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reasons for Cameras (split from A127 thread)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkan99el
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not only do Keymed manufacture critical health care equipment but they also employ lots of local people and support a large number of charities and fundraising events for good causes.

So do the Mafia... Angry

We live in a multi-layered society, where the idle live off the taxes of the poor and the government speak lies with arrogance and comtempt at the masses. If these people truly wanted to save lives, they would be honest and not hide behind a cloak of bureaucracy and lawyer-speak. They know what they are doing and ultimately they will have to face themselves. I do not condone speeding but neither do I subscribe to be led by the deceitful people, it is a crime in the eyes humankind to use a motive for good to hide a motive for greed.

These people know what they do but have no shame, they are a cancer in society, they eat away the good and leave only upset and loss, they put a price on a human life and call it Speed Camera Revenue, that life is supposed to justify these cameras. Using dead people as an example to obtain money by deception is as heinous a crime as any in society, these cameras aren't there to save lives. They are there for societal control and as a 'no so' hidden tax.

Why don't they just force motor companies to create cars that can do no more than 70mph and have electronic speed control in various speed zones hmmm! no more speeding so no more cameras, no more speed crime means less time and less cost. This would save on Petrol/Diesel/Bio-fuel/Pollution/Speeding/Crime and more... why don't they do this? because they have to justify their existence. Without these things they could not exist, so they create a crime and then enforce it.

The example of this, exists in this post; erect camera's and set them to 70mph, wait until people are familiar with them then reduce to 50mph, they have just created a crime. I really hope the people who do this get their just desserts.

I spend more time looking for speed cameras and watching my speedo than I do watching the roads even more so when I'm in unfamiliar territory, how's that for a safer driving experience.

As a side note, I've just watched the remake of 'The day The Earth Stood Still' the film was absolute crap, not a patch on the original, but the philosophy is still the same and it really makes me angry can you imagine if we were contacted by an alien species, Americans philosophy: If it's different shoot it, if it moves shoot it, if its defenceless shoot it, if I don't agree with you shoot it, fantastic ambassadors eh!

I despair of this world...
darkan99el
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ja Te, I think I had too much coffee Laughing Out Loud! the tranquillisers have kicked in now and the world is now a lovely fuzzy place to be ha!ha!

I can see a need for some form of control but I'm sure there are better ways to encourage people to control themselves.

I'm not sure what the demographics are for age groups but restricting young adults vehicles would probably help, so would restricting rep cars like they do with lorries, take away the temptation so to speak.

I think teaching people time management would also be a help because I think speeding is an effect, its the causes that really need looking at.

Studying traffic flow should also be a priority, so the most efficient system can be built.

Talking to car makers should also be done and they should be restricted in vehicle speeds, this would probably make them more creative in giving features like comfort, gadgets and other functional priorities.

It doesn't matter whether your car cost £1,000 or £50,000 when you're stuck in a traffic jam the only thing that's for sure is excessive pollution and time wasted and situational hostility, none of which most people want.

The gains of speed are negligible over a person adhering to the speed limits, so it becomes nothing more than an extension of one's ego, people behave very hostile in cars much more than if they were on foot.
I have often wanted to see this played out in a comedy sketch, where people behave in the same way as they do in cars but just walking, when one thinks of it in this way, driver behaviour becomes farcical.

I can remember an instance a few years ago, on a roundabout in Uttoxeter, the guy angrily objected to me daring to go around the roundabout before him, all I saw was a man with a contorted face nashing his teeth, I found this very funny and burst out laughing, after the initial surprise he too realised why I was laughing and he started too, we both went on our way with smiles on our faces because of the comedy of it and the uselessness of the anger. I'm sure it could have turned out much worse than it did, but I think in me laughing it made him realise how daft he must have looked.

To conclude: Camera only deal with the effect, what they also do is create ripples of negative behaviour where ever there are no cameras i.e. catchup time, so what really happens is you push the danger zones elsewhere, its just a matter of time before they start to show up.

camera's are just a patchwork solution, it cures nothing but creates hostility towards the police and anyone traffic related, eventually its going to backfire I can see it.

I talk too much its time for my sleep drugs Laughing Out Loud!

That's Horlicks by the way Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: