Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x20 x30 x40 Live Range Micro SD slot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x20 x30 x40 Live Range Micro SD slot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solitary_Trucker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: x20 x30 x40 Live Range Micro SD slot Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what the maximum size micro SD card that can be used in a 740 Live is also whether the larger capacity SDHC type cards are usueable ? I have searched all over the net even tomtom customer support didn't know

Thanks in advance

Now on a TomTom Go 6100
Road Angel Professional Connected
PocketGPSWorld Safety Camera Database
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

32GB is the maximum capacity card you could install to the device but I don't think these are available in Micro SD format as yet.
I use a 6GB SDHC in my 940 without any problems - what are you planning to put on the card though? - Mike
Solitary_Trucker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: x20 x30 x40 Live Range Micro SD slot Reply with quote

Thanks for the rapid reply I am planning on two folders one with some mp3's the rest will be taken up with a customer database in latitude and longitude ...is there a suggestion that it depends what you put on the card as to the best size.. I assume all the usual rules apply branded and as past a possible or as fast as your wallet will allow etc?

Now on a TomTom Go 6100
Road Angel Professional Connected
PocketGPSWorld Safety Camera Database
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The faster the better but I use a class 4 SDHC 6GB in my unit without any issues, I guess you will be loading a third party application for the mp3 playback though?
The only issue with the larger SDHC cards above 4GB was if they were used for maps which requirs read/ write access by the device, withthe recent software updates this issue seems to have been resolved - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: