Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is my Navman (N20) Dead
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is my Navman (N20) Dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Is my Navman (N20) Dead Reply with quote

Attached my N20 to its car mounting last night and pressed the 'On' button .....nothing! Battery light showed Green, so assume that is not the problem. Tried turning the power 'Off' then on. still nothing.
Got lost going to a party and arrived about 30 minutes late - but that is another story but just shows how I now rely on this device.

Is my Navman finally dead and gone to the great GPS in the sky Question Crying

Any suggestions.........apart from contacting Navman Question

Idea Idea s please
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you can see the charging light your charger is probably fine, and if battery was dead I think N20 would still power up (at least N-series still powers up if connected to a charger when battery is completely drained, I assume the same is true if battery is dead). So probably best you check with Navman...
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheM wrote:
Since you can see the charging light your charger is probably fine, and if battery was dead I think N20 would still power up (at least N-series still powers up if connected to a charger when battery is completely drained, I assume the same is true if battery is dead). So probably best you check with Navman...

My thoughts too. Have sent email to Tech Support & look forward to a response when they have got over the weekend. Guess I may have to send the device to them and get them to look at it. :-( Don't hold out much hope though. Will report back when I have something to report. Rolling Eyes
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update....
Got response from Navman this am and I subsequently phoned them. Suggested, deleting back-up folders from device and reinstalling. Whilst I was on the 'phone, the N20, which was attached to the USB cable on my computer suddenly came to life on its own. Before I could tap Accept the agreement, it died again. Later had to go out so stuck the unit on its holder (just for old times sake) and after I drove for about two miles, again it came to life. Gently pressed the 'Accept' option and it re-loaded successfully. Checked the battery state which was 100%. Since then, it has worked without problem.
In the meantime Navman have agreed to send me the wherewithal to send it back to them for repair under warranty (if I can find the receipt) so am now about to ring them and say, 'Thanks, but no thanks'
Must start looking for another device as I suspect there may be something loose in this one. ;-)
CaptainDrift
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee
Reflash the ROM,
This should resolve the issues.
I will try and dig out my guide
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainDrift wrote:
Gee-Pee
Reflash the ROM,
This should resolve the issues.
I will try and dig out my guide

Thanks and for the PM. As you will see from above post on 22nd, matters have resolved themselves by devine intervention. ;-)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: