Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 200 help needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 200 help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
studio1111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Garmin 200 help needed Reply with quote

I have the garmin nuvi 200 and it has sd card but I can not see how to get info to the card or to read the card from the nuvi 200. I tried imput of data to the card from card reader but still no good(perhaps I did not format card).
There are no files for POI's however there are poi's on tdiag/remote/he garmin the only files are gpx/diag/remote sw/vehicle/drive/help/text and voice. I wanted to put some of your poi's on the card and have nuvi 200 read it but no go. Which file are they in and what extension and how do you read the sd from the 200?????
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi and welcome,

sorry, could you clarify what you were wanting to do? your post isn't very clear!

to install poi's you need to use POILoader (garmin.com/poiloader) rather than just copying files over to it.

MaFt
studio1111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: garmin 200 Reply with quote

Thanks for the help...did not know about the loader and am sure that will
help..Laughing Out Loud!
to clear up...attempting to understand how the sd card works in the garmin nuvi 200 as when I open the garmin files the card does not show up either as a file or a drive..it does show up on "my computer" as a drive...keeping it simple, how do you get the sd card to function within the garmin?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: