Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voices for safety cams
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voices for safety cams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pallyally
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Voices for safety cams Reply with quote

First of all apologies if in wrong forum. I have downloaded and installed the the uk speed zoned complete cams into my go520.I have also downloaded the voice files(Liz) speedzoned zip onto my desktop. Now this is where my ageing brain is beginning to fade. Do I unzip and copy the files straight into the map folder as I,ve done with the cams or what?? I can see the speed cams ok on my device but as yet I,ve set no distance up yet.I have read the stickies till I,m going mental. Could anyone please put me (and my ageing brain) at ease with any easy to understand instructions Crying or Very sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unzip the voice pack download and copy the files to your map folder (as you suspected was required).

Then go to Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI and select the first camera listed (if you type "PO" without the "") it will simplift the list to just the cameras and save you some time while looking through the list).

Set a distance you are happy with, 30MPH = 300 yards, 50MPH = 500 yards, 70MPH = 700 yards, you can guess the others I bet.

Next it will ask you "Is the warning sound you want to use" - it won't play anything, you wont hear anything, simply answer "YES" to the question.

Set the Warn only if POI on Route option if you want to, remember you will only get a warning if you have a route planned with this option selected, leaving it unchecked will give you warnings all the time but the cameras might be on adjacent roads.

Repeat the above setup for each camera category you have installed to the device, this will take some time, but once configured it is done. For updates simply copy the ov2 files to the device, there is no need to setup the unit again following an update - Mike
pallyally
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I have done as suggested and so far so good.I have done the uk gatso 20/30/40/50 etc ok and uk mobile ok But when setting up the uk pmobile and redlight I get the warn when near sign then sound effect then it just offers the normal bell/beep symbols. When trying to set the the Specs up it asks about yardage/press ok /sound effect but then loops back to the yardage page It keeps doing this all the time. Please head me in the right direction as I,m getting a bit frustrated again

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soft reset, this will resolve the lopping issue.
pallyally
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren. Done that but still as quoted above. Do I get any voices on the pmobile and specs ones?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get sound files for the Specs camera in the Liz Speed Zoned pack, I don't think the pMobiles are included though - have you re-named any files at all, either POI related or ogg? - Mike
pallyally
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All as I,ve done is downloaded the speed zoned zip and the Liz files under her photo with the 70 logo on and followed the instructions .As far as renaming files I haven,t the foggiest I don,t know what an ogg file means in any case

Thanks for being patient
pallyally
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here,s a follow on. I,ve just downloade Liz(pmobile) which I missed in the list and set them up ok and tried them in the red light and the uk specs ones and they have all gone through and accecpted.So I presume they work ok. So thanks to all that helped me. Phew

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: