Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - so my topic got deleted?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

so my topic got deleted?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitr0genics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: so my topic got deleted? Reply with quote

may i enquire as to why? im talking about the topic on navcore 8 on a TT ONE V2.....

just read my PM..

Quote:
I've pulled your post.

Please do not post material like this again. Using the caveat that it's for "educational use" doesn't wash here and offering to help others just makes it worse.

The Forum Rules are clear. We have a zero tolerance policy on piracy.

I hope you understand.

Regards

PaulB2005

well paul, instead of replying to your PM i shall answer it here, you are correct in saying i did use the caveat 'educational purposes only" and also "proof of concept" however did i ever...

a) provide any links whatsoever to such material

or

b) state i would supply any such material

the only thing i said i would provide were answers to any questions regarding the operation of navcore 8 on this unit

if people then take it upon themselves to find this material and then attempt to replicate what i have done that is up to themselves

to be honest i do not see the problem here, there are no piracy issues because im not providing links or information on the wereabouts of said material abd im also not posting a step by step guide to achieve what i have done that is for the individual to decide what THEY want to do not me nor yourself paul!

Last edited by nitr0genics on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read your PM again, this time paying particular attention to the sentence beginning "We have a zero tolerance policy....."

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
nitr0genics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ARTICLES: PocketGPSWorld.com attempts to provide accurate reviews of products with an unbiased view, and content is provided as is, no express warranties are implied and PocketGPSWorld.com is fit for the purpose of viewing only.

You agree not to hold PocketGPSWorld.com, it's staff or ISP's accountable for any problems you experience, damage, or loss of revenue in following any of our reviews or articles within this and associated websites. If you experience problems with your equipment when making modifications as detailed in any of our articles, we cannot be held responsible for any problems experienced, or any damage caused.

so thats your back's covered no problems for you there....

Quote:
You agree that you understand that all content is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you are entirely responsible for all content that you post to the PocketGPSWorld.com forums. By posting you grant PocketGPSWorld.com license to reproduce your content and consequently derive any benefit from it. You agree not to post harmful, libellous or copyrighted content. You are authorised to view and download a single copy of materials solely for your own personal and non-commercial use.

Whilst User reviews can form an important part of your research, you must be aware that individual reviews are often the opinion of the user for a particular product used in isolation and may not reflect fair comparisons to other products.

Please note that the reviews in this forum do not represent the views of PocketGPSWorld.com. PocketGPSWorld.com hosts many thousands of comments. It is therfore not possible for us to be aware of the contents of each post, comment or review that is displayed. Accordingly, we operate on a "notice and takedown" basis. If you believe that the website contains a defamatory statement, please notify us immediately. We will make all reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.

You understand that by using the forums, you may be exposed to offensive content. You bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of content. PocketGPSWorld.com is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13, you may not register to use the PocketGPSWorld.com forums. We do not monitor or control the content of information posted by others. As such, we do not necessarily endorse or agree with any posted content. Instead we simply provide a service allowing users to access information that has been made available.

PocketGPSWorld.com is not liable for any losses that you or any third party may suffer because the forums are changed or terminated.

i could go on forever but i wont i did however miss the zero tolerance piracy bit, could you point me in the right direction?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By posting such information you are aiding piracy whether you intend to or not, such details are not welcome on this site and we will take a heavy hand to people that advertise/ use such material.

When TT release the Navcore 8 software for your device please come back and post about the experience, although I suspect you will be disappointed - for the time being please feel content with the fact you are running software (that is free, but not intended for your device) and a map that is most certainly obtained via an illegal source - this costs all the users of TomTom products and the company in their pocket - sleep well my friend, and make sure you enjoy your illegally obtained software/ maps, but please don’t gloat about this as it is far from clever and not welcome on this forum - Mike
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i could go on forever but i wont i did however miss the zero tolerance piracy bit, could you point me in the right direction?

Certainly. The first Forum on the Forum List is called Forum Rules.

The first thread in Forum Rules is called Sticky: Forum & Messaging System Rules & Guidelines For Use

The posting lays out the Rules of the Forum and starts with

Quote:
1. General Rules
While debate and discussion is to be welcomed, we will not tolerate rude or insulting posts, personal attacks, unnecessarily inflammatory posts or posts of a sexual nature. Team members and Moderators have the final decision in these matters.
Discussion of illegal activities such as software piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. PocketGPSWorld.com maintains a Zero Tolerance policy on piracy matters.

Everything i was going to say has already been said above, so i'll not repeat it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: