Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Changing x20 Sounds
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing x20 Sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Changing x20 Sounds Reply with quote

I read somewhere (possibly on the TT site) that it is possible to change the TT 520 ringtone that is played for incoming calls. Is it possible to change the spoken message "Connected to {phone name}" which you get when a mobile phone is connected?

I would much prefer a simple beep if it is possible.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to change my incoming call ringtone for quite some time - a file called ringtone.wav I think, but I've never got it to work (I'm somewhat on the thick or incompetent side, so all my attempts to copy the Nokia Chopin one I want have ended in dismal failure and Andy_P2002 hasn't offered to do me one!!).

The announcement that you get about "Connected to Nokia 123456789" is different from this. I think you only get the choice of ON or OFF for that - in Voice Preferences, Speech Preferences, page 2, check or uncheck "Read aloud warnings". I could be wrong - I have it unchecked because I don't want it, so I haven't considered changing it to something else - I wouldn't mind betting somebody clever has delved into the TT's innards and found a file which you can re-write to give a nice bing bong.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis

I followed the guidance here (posts 4 & 5) and created ringtone.ogg. Dropped it into my root folder and that worked.

Still looking to solve my own problem though
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any way to change that message (other than by using a different voice or turning it off). Sorry.

What do you need Dennis? Was it just that you were trying to use a wav rather than an ogg, or is it something more than that?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
What do you need Dennis? Was it just that you were trying to use a wav rather than an ogg, or is it something more than that?
First, I cannot copy the Nokia ringtone (Chopin) from my phone to convert to .ogg so that it rings on the TT - copy protected. I can live with that, in view of my anti piracy stance (even though the Chopin ringtone plays in my ear when I use a headset). The Nokia website does not offer that ringtone for sale even though I would be more than happy to pay for it. I have tried (Audacity) creating one using another tune, but in comparison, the Nokia one rings on and on and on for ages until I answer the phone (when I don't have auto answer ON), whereas to get one even decently lasting seems to be too much - TomTom's "advice" is to create one which isn't too long, but not how long! I've got one, but to get a meaningful section of tune requires some 35 seconds. It's on my TT, but doesn't go off, presumably because it's too long.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: