Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sony NV-U50 dll error...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony NV-U50 dll error...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaylc005
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Sony NV-U50 dll error... Reply with quote

Hi chaps, forgive my first post but im a bit of a noob.. this is a pretty cool site ive just searched to find how to enable ce on my Sony NV-u50.. couldent belive how easy it is but it was down to this site so i can only thank the original poster Smile

Ok heres my problem now though.. im not sure how, but ive messed up the nv-u software, apart from fighting activesynk to get my map back on (hates large files) i finaly done it.. but when i run the nv-u app now it gives me an error saying:

"Could notload ressource DLL.
DLL: \mounted volume\sony\nav-u\langENG.dll
Error: 193"

originaly i had this problem and i sourced out the dll's and copied them back into the directory.. it was originaly langGER.dll and also it was asking me to select language everytime i switched on.. however i have reinstalled it from the disk, the original sony software not activsync and this has stopped.. but i still have the error.

After clicking ok to that error, ir continues to load, dims the screen as it should, then shows me a few bitmaps which i gather is the first time info screen..click the bronze arrow to go to map view and it comes up with all the buttons and the GPS light and battery indicator, but no map and a black square in the center..

it doesent do alot more than that, its running though, no hanging or crashing, if i tap the black square i get the sound that ive pressed something, if i press out of the square i get the disallowed sound...

im sure its down to this dll.. idealy i need to replace the nv-u directory, but it seems not all of whats needed is on the disk.. and im sure sony wont help me out Smile

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
thanks guys
jay
jaylc005
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumpy Smile any ideas chaps?? i think it was version 1.06 aswell..

im so close with tomtom 5 it just hangs when after i select a voice.. although i have poi observer running now, just havent added any references to it.. so its semi useless until i do Smile however if i could get the sony software working again i would be happy just to run poi observer ontop..
wezztah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaylc005 wrote:
bumpy Smile any ideas chaps?? i think it was version 1.06 aswell..

im so close with tomtom 5 it just hangs when after i select a voice.. although i have poi observer running now, just havent added any references to it.. so its semi useless until i do Smile however if i could get the sony software working again i would be happy just to run poi observer ontop..

re-install application, re-install maps, install languages. Then run the update to have the 1.05 version... All can be found on your nav-u Dvd except the update, that's to be found by browsing at www.sony.com. DO NOT PULL OUT THE USB CABLE WHILE INSTALLING, cause I did accidentaly, and now the HD is damaged!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: