Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris6018
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Safety Camera alerts Reply with quote

Hi I have Tom Tom One V2 The Safety Camera alerts have stoped working after I have updated my tom tom and that is on two diffrent ones.
Thanks for any help.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this with the database from PocketGPSWorld or the offereing from TomTom ? - Mike
chris6018
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is from PocketGPSWorld they where working ok and they stoped working when i updated tom tom the othere day, I have tryed to put the backup i made but still dont work you can select them ok
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, Is it just the "warn where near" alerts that have stopped or have they disappeared from your device completely? If it's the warn when near bit, this seems to happen at random when you connect to Home (it does for me anyway).

If the restore doesn't work, your best bet would be to go through all the options again to set up the warning alerts then make an extra backup of the mapsettings.cfg file in the map folder. If (when) it goes again, it's easier to get it all back.

If this is not the problem, please let us know what is an what isn't working for you.
Brodit ProClip mount
Brickie64
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened on my GO720 a couple of weeks back. All the cameras show up as icons on the maps but I didn't get any audible alerts or flashing icons top left of the screen. Rolling Eyes

When I checked, all of the camera POI's were present but none had the options set to warn when near them. Had to go through manually and reset them. Not happened again since.

I understand that there's a way of restoring the POI warning setup without having to do it manually.

Gav

Garmin Nuvi 3598 + GO 720 (+USA Map Card) + NavFree for iPhone in case all else fails ;-)
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you need to restore the file mapsettings.cfg from your Backup.

If you don't have one set up the alerts again and back it up as soon as you've done it.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reset all your camera warnings, the recent TomTom update will have replaced a file called "data.chk" in the root of the device as part of the upgrade. This file contains the warning sounds and some alerts have been moved around from previous versions, you cannot use an earlier data.chk file as each software version needs a specific data.chk

Reset the alerts or consider using the spoken alerts available from this site for free, it is far better having the device setup to say "Warning Gatso ahead, speed limit is 40 miles per hour" than using a simple bing/ bong audio alert.
For details and instructions on how to set your device up this way see THIS Page - Mike
chris6018
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank every one I will give it a try and get back to you to let you know how it goes
chris6018
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Just to let you no I have sorted out my problem and done what you recomended and ever thein is working ok now.

Thanks Again Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: