Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New models for S range
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New models for S range

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: New models for S range Reply with quote

I am still waiting for new E European mapping due for the N range. They were to have been available in the middle of April but now in the middle of June to coincide with the release of two new S Range GPS 3D units all with the new mapping (TeleAtlas oct 07) and updated software (So I am told). Trouble is, too late for me as I needed the maps for my trip coming up next month. Doh! Crying or Very sad

PS This is what I'm referrring to in the S range.

Quote:
The first integrated products from the newly merged Navman and Mio, the S30 3D and S50 3D now include Mio's 3D landmarks of over 1000 buildings in cities across Europe and a new content and services package called Navman Connect

Last edited by Gee-Pee on Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested if navman might be trusted to support them properly. Can we believe that mio have turned them over a new leaf.

p.s. check your quotes [/quote

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:

p.s. check your quotes [/quote

Yes, I know - sheer laziness. Bit stressed today.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: new leaf Reply with quote

We dont know about turning over a new leaf, but we are on Service Pack 2 for the S Series (just released) - the 2nd this year, and can expect SmartSt 2nd Edition in June too - so if not a new leaf, definately different than before!

May be worth you buying a new Mio Moov 370 with access to the required mapping, and selling you N series? May not cost you any different?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: new leaf Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
We dont know about turning over a new leaf, but we are on Service Pack 2 for the S Series (just released) - the 2nd this year, and can expect SmartSt 2nd Edition in June too - so if not a new leaf, definately different than before!

May be worth you buying a new Mio Moov 370 with access to the required mapping, and selling you N series? May not cost you any different?

Thanks for the advice - I will have a look at it's specs.

Graham
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Moov Reply with quote

Gee-Pee the Mio Moov includes the new Navman SmartSt 2008 2nd Edition software, which includes live POI Search (via Bluetooth) and 3D landmarks, and the Navman mapping as you'll be used to - plus later 2007.10 mapping

Also includes enhanced Traffic
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Moov Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
Gee-Pee the Mio Moov includes the new Navman SmartSt 2008 2nd Edition software, which includes live POI Search (via Bluetooth) and 3D landmarks, and the Navman mapping as you'll be used to - plus later 2007.10 mapping

Thanks again. I have had a look on a couple of sellers sites and the specs look good. However, I cannot as yet find any reference to Eastern Europe mapping. It says pre-loaded with 22 Western Europe countries mapping. More time needed for research. Price around £199 it seems.
Gee-Pee
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Eastern European Mapping Reply with quote

The Navman system contains ALL avaiable world mapping on the DVD with the unit, and the unit auto-unlocks certain mapping (which is also pre-loaded to the unit) - so for example, the Navman S90i with Western Europe, and is the Moov 370

To access (and upload) the Eastern mapping you purchase via the NavDesk software an unlock code (£69 for Eastern Europe) and it is immediately available by unlock key, with no map downloads necessary

Coverage is

Hungary
Poland
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Latvia
Estonia
Slovenia
Croatia
Greece
Russia
Turkey
Lithuania

This facility has been live on the S Series since last October - so will work on any current S series model, and should now work on the Mio - just check with them that they have switched their online service on for the mapping availability (sure it will be now or any day) - otherwise buy a Navman
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks. Might treat myself - but don't tell the wife. Gee-Pee
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Mio Reply with quote

Have just done some checking and it SEEMS it is live via the MioMore Desktop software (NavDesk)

The manual for the 370 is online at http://www.mio-tech.be/manuals/moov-200-300/Moov-200-300-Device-Manual-EN.pdf
(Page 115 / 116 is what you need to read)

So would recommend the Moov range for its 2nd edition software and latest maps (otherwise that will be an additional cost for current Navman units, until these become available installed on Navman units from June)
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a good read, thanks. Will now have to do the maths homework and find out the best way to go. Your help appreciated. :-)

GeePee
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Moov Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:

Have approached a couple of 'sellers' and understand this device will not be available until around October. Oh well! Crying or Very sad
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Old Stock Reply with quote

Think they are probably just trying to get rid of old stock before the new arrives - I know some units are already with the reviewers, which usually means already out or just about to go out

Check out

http://www.yournav.com/content/s/440/First_look_at_Mio_Moov_200_330_and_370.html

http://www.gpsandco.com/articles/newsitem.php?id=5365 (in french but with Video of the new MioConnect live POI tool, and easily tranlated via google, etc. into understandabe english...!)

http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/articles.asp?id=247
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=108159

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: