Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Downloaded POi's not showing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Downloaded POi's not showing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Downloaded POi's not showing Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, I'm doing something wrong here, so could someone point me in the right direction. Recently, I downloaded the updated Poi's from the TomTom site, Doctor, Dentists, Police, and Pharmasists, but, they were not in my map folder, so I couldn't select them on the TomTom, to be displayed. In the end, I went into "My Documents", and dragged them into the map folder with its "inf" file. They now display and show all my lochal POi's. Tonight, I downloaded the new TomTom HOME 2.2, and downloaded some voices, and about 16 POi's, the voices are there and I can select them. The POi's(OV2) are not in the map folder, and arn't listed to be displayed. HOME says, they are located in "My Computer", and they are, I could drag them to the map folder, with their bmp, and they would probably work/display, but why doesn't HOME put them in the map folder? Each POi, has a icon png, preview png, toc file, and a zip file, in the zip file is the OV2, and bmp. So, should I just drag the bmp and OV2 into the map folder? and why isn't HOME just putting the POi's into the map folder, why do I have to do it manually?

I have done a 30 second re-set, and I only have 30 OV2 files in the map folder. Thanks for any replys.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a guess, but if they have a toc file, I would assume that you have to now use the Items on my Computer Function to Install them.

Do you find then where your HOME Folder Preferences point to as a Download Folder?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Oldboy. The place TomTom is downloading the POi's to is

C:\Users\Tim\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads

And I can see them there. I went to "Items on my Computer", And downloaded the POi's, but they are still not on the TomTom. Should I be downloading the files straight to the TomTom, to

TomTomj:\united_kingdom_and_republic_of_Ireland

I also have 12 gps.fix files, can I delete them, and just keep the most recent, or do I need them all? Thanks again
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanda wrote:

I also have 12 gps.fix files, can I delete them, and just keep the most recent, or do I need them all? Thanks again

You can keep just the last one. New downloaded ones will be renumbered automatically.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanda wrote:
And I can see them there. I went to "Items on my Computer", And downloaded the POi's, but they are still not on the TomTom. Should I be downloading the files straight to the TomTom, to

TomTomj:\united_kingdom_and_republic_of_Ireland
When you open "Items on my computer" do you get the POIs listed on the left?

If so, what happens if you expand that section and click the Add button?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: