Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Alerts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Safety Camera Alerts Reply with quote

Hi from Australia,

Our version of CP7, hasnt had Australian safety camera data added yet. I am using my own data, which is working. When the visual alert is displayed, I notice a speed sign, which I assume in Europe, displays the speed set for the camera. Currently my version, the alert shows, but the speed sign is blank. I looked at the EU safety camera data availabe, as a csv file, and note the different data headings, including speed and heading. I am guessing the speed is pretty obvious and that this is what is displayed in the visual alert as mentioned above, the heading, which way the camera is pointing.

Now having a fiddle, I created a similar csv table (call it test) with the same data columns, transposed my data into it and added some relevant speed settings to certain locations. I did not set any heading data.

The mentioned new csv data test was added sucessfully with the file name of safetycam etc. The icons show on the map. Went for a test drive, the audio alert sounded OK, the visual alert popped up BUT alas there was no speed showing within the speed sign of the visual alert. My vehcile speed was displayed correctly in the visual alert.

Now any ideas of how to get the speed indicated in the data table as created, for a specific camera location, to show up in the speed sign on the visual alert????

regards,

Jeff
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi orion

I dont know about copilot but with TomTom the speed is actually part of the bmp file so the bmp file for a 50mph camera is a picture of a speed limit sign.

theripper
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theripper - copilot 7 will not accept user bmp's so uses it's own default ones.

orion_jb2001 - i see you've been downloading the copilot 6 database - have you tried it with the copilot 7 download?

MaFt
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I source my data from here in Australia now. It seems to be more accurate and updated monthly. I did find your CP6 data very helpfull though.

Are you talking about the data or the icon bmp's? There appears to be no problems downloading data in ov2 or csv form, just to try and get the program to accept a suitable coressponding poi indicator. I think though, there is more in this as all exta poi data is grouped within the program under poi custom 1, with the corresponding pin. I have asked ALK about how we go about differentiating pois to a particular custom number ie. 1 to 5, once that is solved, a corresponding relevant poi icon will be fixed I think.

I had a thought, if you have only 1 extra lot of data to add, and you could find a suitable match within the current png images, rename the relevant png image to custom 1 and you have a temporary fix for a custom poi with accompaning image.

I prinicipley use speed and redlight camera data. What I have done as a fix, is to edit both ov2 files into one ov2 file, renamed that file safetycam and you have all the speed and redlight cameras indicated on a map, ableit all the same image, with the visual and verbal warning on approach. The only catch is you cant seperate different alert distances for the speed camera and red light camera. i usually set the speed camera for 500 metres and the RLC for 200 metres.

Jeff
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lack of custom icons is annoying!

have you tried the aus download recently? we now have 4 verifiers in australia and the database is always improving.

plus, you could get a free lifetime subscription if you're first to submit a new camera.

the CP7 download contains the heading data and is in a format that CP7 will import with no problems (other than lack of icons Wink)

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: