Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help Me Poi,s NOT local on G0 720.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Me Poi,s NOT local on G0 720.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sychnant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Help Me Poi,s NOT local on G0 720. Reply with quote

First i would like to say Hi to everyone and thank anyone who offers me any advice.
I have just purchased a Tom Tom Go 720 yesterday and have noticed that the the Help me files are not all listed as local to where i am ( in Aintree Liverpool) the petrol,transport showed local but not the rest.
I updated the map to the latest version W.europe 710.1561 ( i was lucky the download worked) and i can now see doctors added. But Police stations and pharmacies all appear about 130 miles away in Ireland.I talked to Tom Tom and they didnt really explain why and said that they would send me an e-mail with instructions and a link to where i can get more poi,s. Anyone think i should take the Unit back or wait to see if its just a software glitch Thanks in advance..:-)
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a known problem with TT but a simple download and install will fix it so no need to send it back. If you hang on for 10 minutes i will add a link to the download files or someone else might do it before me. Laughing
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a look here you will get all the files you need and the instructions to download and install them also. Any other problems just ask. Wink

Also welcome to the forum Welcome
sychnant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for quick reply, its reassuring :-)
sychnant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Map version Reply with quote

It says in the site that the help files are only for map version 7.05 would i be ok to use them?
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Map version Reply with quote

sychnant wrote:
It says in the site that the help files are only for map version 7.05 would i be ok to use them?

Yes you will be OK It should say 705 onwards but it has been known to work on 675. Just follw the instructions and you will be OK

I am on 710 aswell
sychnant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: sorted.. Reply with quote

thanks for the help..:-)
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very useful, I didn't even realise these POIs were missing until I read another thread.

Quick question around connecting the TT cradle to your PC.

Having embedded the 720 in the cradle, if I connect the cradle to the PC and then switch the device on, as suggested by TT, my PC suggests it cannot properly identify the device attached Confused .

However, if the 720 is switched on BEFORE I connect to my PC then no problems at all, it recognises it immediately

Does anybody know what is going on here?

thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it seems to be a common PC problem.

In the past whenever peole have had difficulty getting the PC to recognise the TomTom, I've suggested they try ALL the possible combinations of PC powered off and on and TomTom turned off and on, before and after plugging in the USB. ONE of them usually works! If still a problem, there is sometimes a conflict/error in the USB settings in Device Manager.

As to how you change the behaviour, I've no idea, other than if you want you could try another USB socket, or delve into Control Panel/Device Manager and delete/mess with the drivers for the USB. On your own head be it though!
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:

Does anybody know what is going on here?

thanks

When you get the error that the device is not recognized, has Windows assigned the device a drive letter (like E: or F))?

If so, perhaps, using Windows Explorer....double click on your 'My Computer' icon, go to the drive letter assigned, tools--disconnect network drive.

If that works and the drive letter is removed, again plug the dock into the computer without the tomtom on. You should hear a 'clunk' sound and the little green arrow icon in the Notification area. If so, now try turning on the docked tomtom unit.

Hopefully, it will turn on and you will see the question "Do you want to connect to the computer". If you've gotten this far, say 'yes'

Hope this helps...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: