Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What's In The Box?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What's In The Box?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuttifrutti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: What's In The Box? Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Apologies for all the stupid questions i've been firing but i'm very new to all this.

My question is this...
I haven't a clue which version i've got.
It came in a box with the description Tomtom One T Europe but when I look on the bottom of the actual device it says Tomtom 1 3rd edition (GB1).

Is this normal... i'm assuming it's all in the software where the difference is and I have actually got the Europe one as i'd hoped for.

If all is ok can someone please steer me towards to correct downloads section for the cameras and bits.

Thanks yet again Rolling Eyes

Ian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you've got a "3rd edition" (the only one with no SD card slot). Then the only differences between the "regional" and "Europe" models are the actual maps provided and the amount of internal flash memory supplied for them to live on.

Basically, check your map (tap satellite strength bars, then tap the small box with the software version number on the following page, to get to an information page). If it's Western Europe, you're OK.

The "T" means it is the same hardware as the normal version,but with the accessory RDS/TMC "Traffic" aerial supplied in the box.

One favour, please...It would be useful to know your actual model number.

It should also be printed on the bottom and will be something like "4N01.001" (although that is the code for a UK regional model).

For camera downloads, you just click on any of the black and yellow camera pictures around the page.
If it DOESN'T take you to an obvious download section, it means you are either not subscribed to the site or that your payment has not cleared the banking system yet. It's normally instant, but there is a Paypal method that doesn't clear instantly called "e cheques". If the credit card details you have on file are wrong (date expired etc.) payment often gets made by e cheque without you even realising.
tuttifrutti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
Looks like it's ok... it says "Map: 'Western Europe 1GB S' V705.1485

Underneath the number is 4N01.002 - hope that means something?

Thanks

Ian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
With all the confusion over versions ("V3" versus "3rd Edition" etc.) I try to keep a list of the model numbers.
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've definitely got the Europe model with 1Gb of memory, thats what the '(1GB)' on the bottom of your device stands for. Back up your device first, look at the FAQ at the top of the tomtom forum, once you have done this plug it in to tomtom 'Home' and you will find that there will be quite a few updates offered, one of which will be a map update to v710.1561(909mb, take about 40 mins to download) and possibly a software update for your device to version 7.162. There will also be lots of speed camera updates.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: