Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HTC P3300 - great kit couple of questions wifi & bluetoo
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HTC P3300 - great kit couple of questions wifi & bluetoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogertb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: HTC P3300 - great kit couple of questions wifi & bluetoo Reply with quote

Thanks to Mike Alder - and his excellent advice and damned hot reviews and comments I bought it - I'm really - really pleased. If anyone can offer a little advice (sorry this may not be my last post - I'm sure I can come up with more queries) I couldn't partner it with my mac G4 or my macbook pro bootcamped to windows xp - any thoughts ? and I was trying to get a wifi fix onto about 8 non-commercial (ie domestic premises) - OK they may all have been protected but that's not always the case - and I was only trying to test out the wifi but I couldn't hook-up I just get 'unavailable' then 'connected' then 'unavailable' all the time everything's scrolling up and down trying to get a fix. It's fine on my home wireless. I can only guess I'm out of range - anyone any suggestions otherwise I'll just have to start wandering round the streets, with my head down, bumping into lamp posts, trying to find a connection (wifi I mean). Anyway - great bit of kit. Regards Roger
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you have made connection at home would indicate that it is working OK. What you are seeing when wandering around is probably that the phone has detected an access point but when it tries to connect to get an IP address etc then it is being rejected due to security.

Edit - I've just tried this with my N80 and work network. On the N80 I get Connection Active and Inactive alternating with apparently some data being exchanged - but my wireless router doesn't see the phone and I can't get onto the network. I think that this is some sort of partial connection that I am seeing. Anyway it shows that the router is reasonably secure.

Last edited by philpugh on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
rogertb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you're right Phil - of course they should get secure - bit of a pity sometimes when a free pick up would be good heyho - Roger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: