Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - UK and Eur into Western_Europe map?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

UK and Eur into Western_Europe map?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lewhiggins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: UK and Eur into Western_Europe map? Reply with quote

I have one TomTom map installed as one Western_Europe file. If I install the speed camera databases for the UK and Europe as single files, will they both work on the same map?

Also, if I just install the Europe database as a single file, will this include everything in the UK database as a single file?

Thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Yes - The PGPSW camera files are just like any other POI file so you can have many files working with one map.

2. No - The UK camera files just have UK cameras. The Europe files just have continental Europe cameras., so you would need to install both if you have a "Western Europe map"
lewhiggins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

Just one more point. I've selected the UK and Eur _sc files in Manage POI to give me a warning. Do I have to do the same with the UK and EUR bitmaps (pmobile)? They show in Manage POI.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewhiggins wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Just one more point. I've selected the UK and Eur _sc files in Manage POI to give me a warning. Do I have to do the same with the UK and EUR bitmaps (pmobile)? They show in Manage POI.

Slightly confused by where you say "bitmaps"...

The data file for any camera type is an".ov2" file and the icon (little image) that shows on the map and on the navigation screen is the "bitmap" picture file (.bmp). That's why for every camera type you will have two similarly named files xyz.ov2 and xyz.bmp.

On to your actual question though... whether you use the "pMobile" file as well is entirely up to you. There is an explanation of what they are about on the camera download page, right next to the box where you select your satnav system. It says
Quote:
What are the pMobile files?
The pMobile files were added as an extra set of warnings so that you could be aware of places that may have a mobile camera in place. They are sites that have been submitted but not yet been added to the main database as they have not been checked for accuracy, nor have they been visited by any verifiers for the feasibility. It would be of benefit if you could report, via the submissions page, whether you have seen the site in use or any other information that may help verify or remove the pending site.

If you only want warning of definite mobile sites don't install them. If you want every possible warning, do.
lewhiggins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. Confusion cleared. Very helpful. Will certainly recommend this site.

Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: