Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help! Definitive answer needed - Australian speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Definitive answer needed - Australian speed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drcowling
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Help! Definitive answer needed - Australian speed cameras Reply with quote

Hi, firstly what an informative and friendly website. I have spent all morning trawling through previous posts etc and I am a little bit perplexed at the amount of infomation. I am a 68 year old Australian who trying to keep up with technolgy purhcased a Tomtom One XL. It seems to have some red light cameras pre installed but no speed camera locations, I need to know where they are so i dont set them off in my volvo and caravan.

On the Tomtom website it says not available for Australia, but some posts here say yes others say no. Can anyone please give me a definitive answer as to whether or not speed camera locations are available for Australia.

Thank you and I apologise if this is in the wrong category.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, the Speed Camera database from this site does cover Australia, you will need to be a subscribed member in order to gain access to the download pages. The site also offers a free lifetime membership to the first person to report a new camera - Mike
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Definitive answer needed - Australian speed camera Reply with quote

Welcome drcowling

I just had a look and there are almost 1000 speed and red light cameras listed for Australia.

I don't know how complete the listing is so be careful out there but as mikealder points out, if you are the first to report a new camera location which is not already in the database then you get a free subscription for life - you can't say fairer than that!
drcowling
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I will give it a shot. The Aussie Tomtom seem to be pretty average in their performance, I am not overly impressed.

Have read conflicting infomation on that the Australian camera database is not any better than whats already on the One XL already. Still, 19 quid or $50 cant be a bad investment to stop me from caravan speeding.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drcowling wrote:
Thanks guys. I will give it a shot. The Aussie Tomtom seem to be pretty average in their performance, I am not overly impressed.

Have read conflicting infomation on that the Australian camera database is not any better than whats already on the One XL already. Still, 19 quid or $50 cant be a bad investment to stop me from caravan speeding.

if you go the the speed cameras page and scroll down to the google map you can locate australia and zoom in to the appropriate region and at a certain zoom level (5 from nearest iirc) the icons will show on the map for where cameras are. you can then judge by your local ones as to how accurate it is. if you don't see one near you then if you add it while subscribed then, once it is confirmed, you can get a free lifetime subscription - see the download page for more info on the criteria

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: