Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how to manually restore 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how to manually restore 910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graeme_symington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: how to manually restore 910 Reply with quote

Ive recently updated my 910 to ver 7.160. No problems apart from the hands free is of no use now. i need to restore the backup i took before i did the update. Used home to restore but it does not work. can i just copy the backup directly over the tom tom. Help as i need the hands free.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Windows Explorer to locate the backup folder on the PC and copy its contents in total to the hard drive of the 910, this will overwrite the new files on the unit and get it back to where it was when you took the back up.
Before you do the above I suggest you take another backup of the device in its current state using Windows Explorer (just in case) - see FAQ #1 for this method - Mike
graeme_symington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks was hoping that was possible. the 910 has more folders on it than are on the backup. Is this because of the new software update or does the backup through home not backup everything.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware then, it is possible your original backup has messed up the Loquendo folder (this is full of the Text To Speech files) - was you original back up made using home or Windows Explorer?

Either way take another back up to the PC using Windows Explorer BEFORE putting the old back up on the unit, this way if something is missing you will still have access to the required files/ folders on the PC - Mike
graeme_symington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Done with home. Think in future ill just use explorer. Think it may be safer that way. Thanks for the help as ever.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: