Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - One (3rd Edition) Map Guarantee
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

One (3rd Edition) Map Guarantee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spcdust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: One (3rd Edition) Map Guarantee Reply with quote

Anyone with a Tom Tom One (3rd Edition) Western Europe been offered a Map Guarantee Update via Home?

Looking on my device the Map version reported is v705.1485 - I telephoned Tom Tom to confirm wether this was in actual fact Map version 7.10 (or more logically 7.5 if such a version ever existed) - strangely enough they really didn't seem to have a clue. Can anyone tell me which map version I have as the way the device reports the map version doesn't necessarily seem to reflect the way Tom Tom list them on their web-site and when you call the first level support they don't know either?

The reason I'm asking is I'm literally within a couple of days of my Map Guarantee period ending and want to ensure that I am bang up-to-date.

spcdust
spcdust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply to my own post, I connected my Tom Tom One to Home this morning and I was offered new Western Europe Map. I now have Map version 710.1561 succesfully installed on my Tom Tom with only two days to go on until my 30 day Map Guarantee expired.

Intrestingly I noticed the new map seems to be around 12MB smaller than my previous installed map - is this just Tom Tom being more efficient in their programming. Also, I checked a friends street which wasn't on previous map (new build estate) and now their road is featured so an improvement there.

spcdust

Note to Mods: You can merge this thread with one of the other relevant threads for the sake tidyness.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: