Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Post Codes error?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Codes error?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Post Codes error? Reply with quote

I had most of the postcodes loaded onto my 128mb sd card together with the full UK maps but unfortunately had to leave some of the postcodes off my card as it told me the card was full. I have just purchased a 256mb card and loaded the UK maps onto it and all the post code files from this site. I have just tried to load TTN2 to check it out and have the following message on the Ipaq screen...

"Too many POI files: loading aborted"

What can I do?

Cheers

Tom
Nick412
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

move the POI`s from the card, and check ttn2 loads ok.

then add 10 POI`s at a time, and check ttn2 loading etc, you may just have too many at initial load etc
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt advice Nick.

Well I have done as you suggested....

I have cut all the postcodes files from the SD card and pasted them back into the Ipaq.
TTn2 loaded fine.
I then started to put them back onto the SD card 10 files at a time as you suggested and after each copy I started TTn2 - all was fine (though I did notice how incredibly slow it was to load TTN2 each time from the screen), I got as far as 168 files and then added another 10 and then got the error message up again when I tried to load TTN2. I tried doing a soft re-start but that made no difference.
When I had my original 128 SD card in with the TTN2 Uk maps and probably about 75pct of the postcodes it worked fine - certainly no delay whatsoever in loading TTN2. The only reason I started using the 256mb card was because I wanted to put all the postcodes files in.
Don't know where to go from here!

Tom
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want all the files, I think your only option is to merge some neighbouring areas together using POIEdit so that you have some files that cover two postcode areas. There is a limit in TomTom Navigator to the number of POI files you can have at once.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: