Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion 210 - How to stop it from wiping tomtom...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion 210 - How to stop it from wiping tomtom...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onuo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Medion 210 - How to stop it from wiping tomtom... Reply with quote

Hey,
I have a Medion 210, I've been happily using TT on this for the last few months by following the instructions on here, however as I use the unit on batteries I'm having to re-install every time I replace them, which is a major pain in the ass when I'm out and about, as I need to wait till I get home.

How do I stop the hard reset wiping out TT and the taskbar hack. Is it possible to create a copy of a working install onto the flash disk and for it to re-load this.

Any help appreciated...

Cheers,
Alistair.

P.s. - For you interest, here's the review of the unit, I posted on the MG-rover.org forums...

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=192718
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

the answers is yes you can
Download backup manager and make a backup.exe put this on your sd card or the folder called my flash disk,so when you loose TT just got to the backup file and click on it to restore your system with tt on it. you will need to have the taskbar in the flash disk folder as well and be able to access it from you medion menu. How to do this is in post's on the forum
onuo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away for a long time and this post has been read 500 + times. So i'm guessing it's of interest...

What do you think Fatslag shall we make this a tutorial. If you can point me in the right directions - I'll do the pictures, walkthrough, etc...

Couple of questions as you last post was a bit brief...

I understand the taskbar.exe hack but where would I put it in the flashdisk folder? Does this when it automatically re-builds on cold boot apply the taskbar hack?

Where do i get back up manager from ? Is it sunnysoft ? Wheres the best link to download ? How does back up manager work ?

...and is it possible to automate this so it all happens automatically after the taskbar hack is applied, in a windows 3.1 macro fashion ?

As you can imagine, the easier it is to make this for being at the side of the road the better!

Cheers,
Alistair.
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Backup Reply with quote

The taskbar.exe can be anywhere on your flash disk, it is the menu file ie the menu.xml file in the menu folder that points to where the taskbar.exe and loads it. example \my flash disk\taskbar.exe or any other folder as long as the path is in the menu.xml file. backup manager is availiable anywhere just google it.(14 day free trial). Automation of backup manager not possible as medion software needs to load and it inteferes. But once you have a backup file on your flash disk or sd card you just need to click on it to restore the unit as you set it up, even while your out and about and the batts run out.
Backup manager is easy to use just set it to make a backup.exe file of your MY Flash Disk folder and save it to your sd card.THE MAIN FILES YOU NEED TO BACK UP ARE IN WINDOWS DIRECTORY ie my documents program files, any files writen here when you install totom as these are the only ones that get delete after a hard reset, so you can have a backup.exe file of only a couple of meg in size rather than backup all of your my flash disk folder as nothing gets deleted in that folder.as long as you have edited your medion to run the taskbar you will be ok

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: