Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - C510 dead upgrade to what?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

C510 dead upgrade to what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philious
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: C510 dead upgrade to what? Reply with quote

After 10 months my C510 has died.
been to currys for replacement but C510 are discontinued so I'm go to upgrade but to what, paid £150 and don't mind bunging another £100 towards it?
options
1.GARMIN NUVI 250 GPS Receiver £179.00
2. GARMIN NUVI 610T GPS Receiver £249.00
had Garmin for a while but not sure if I want to change makes to tomtom or the like but what do you guys think? Not Worthy
adrian_anastas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on what you want.

If you want a wide screen you'll need to look at the 2XXw or 6xx series. Otherwise the 3xx series will do.
If you want Bluetooth integration you'll need a x10, x60 or x70.
If you're ok with just UK and Ireland maps go for an x10.
If you want full Europe, go for an x50 or x60.

The Garmin website has a pretty good comparison utility.
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=134&compare=compare&compareProduct=6324&compareProduct=6292&compareProduct=383

From what is available at Currys, the 250 does just about everything the 510 did (except no traffic module), plus has maps of all Europe. If you shell out the extra for the 610T you get:
Bigger Screen
MP3/Audible book player
Bluetooth integration.

Also check the currys website. If you can get an internet voucher rather than a store credit they are a bit cheaper (159.99 and 209.99)
philious
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
Managed to get into the currys store today to take back my dead C510, They wanted to test the unit but couldn't figure out how Rolling Eyes then they said I could have a credit against another sat nav instore now, then I explained that I wanted to upgrade the price but didn't want to decided right at this moment which unit to have Rolling Eyes the assistant serving me kept going back and to to the manager asking what to do next which irritated me some what until I said STOP go and tell the manager I am not happy and want to speak with him NOW please considering he is making all the decissions Evil or Very Mad the assistant came back and said the manager is busy dealling with a customer whcih go me going big time but he would give me a gift credit card for the amount owing so I said fine!
I noticed the manager standing by the door and decided to challenge him on the way he had treated me a customer no less, he said the assisant didn't tell him I wanted to speak to him which made the assisant look up at him with killer eyes, I said fine may I have your name Please which he wrote down as I explained I had never been treated with so much disrespect from anyone, I then went back to the till and there was a problem issuing the credit gift card so the manager said to ask for the card I orginally purchased the item with and credited the amount back to the credit card. result Very Happy
sorry for the long winded story but I now can go anywhere and upgrade my sat nav, I think I'm going for the 610T as you now get traffic updates free for life and bigger screen and bluetooth phone hands free Very Happy
thanks again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: