Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Tomtom one V2 won't run after first updates/ register!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Tomtom one V2 won't run after first updates/ register!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
si-fly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: New Tomtom one V2 won't run after first updates/ register!! Reply with quote

Hi,
I don't know if I should start a new topic, but after connecting my new one v2 to the computer and letting it update software etc (home v2) my one will now not work unless its connected to the computer and shows a picture of its self with a large red cross next to it!!

If I connect it to the computer the red cross disappears, and in home I can run the device.

It worked fine before I set up an account and updated it.

I tried pressing the reset for 60 sec but its still the same.

I did make a full backup before updating as recommended but home says no backups available when I try to back it up. The back up info is still there though!!

Hope someone can help
Si.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If (as recommended here) you did your backup using Windows Explorer, then use Windows Explorer to copy every thing back again. Don't use Home.
If you used Home to do the backup, send it back to the shop, saying it died.
si-fly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reinstalled Home 1.4 and it found the backup which I have been able to reload. The tomtom one will now load and run!!

Have other people had trouble updating to Home 2 and the latest one software update?.....should I try to update again or just leave well alone!!

Si.

ps. Andy ...thanks for your constructive comments but I did read the sticky about backing up data and it said ..."You can use the TomTom Home application to perform the back-up it is a simple as clicking the "Make Backup" button. Or you can use Windows Explorer to achieve the same data backup"...... it did not say Explorer was the preferred method!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

si-fly wrote:
I I did read the sticky about backing up data and it said ..."You can use the TomTom Home application to perform the back-up it is a simple as clicking the "Make Backup" button. Or you can use Windows Explorer to achieve the same data backup"...... it did not say Explorer was the preferred method!!

You're right!

Considering ALL the emphasis on NOT using Home for backups that you will see all over this forum, I don't see how that got left like that...

MikeAlder (or another member of the team) do you agree that line in the Backing up FAQshould be changed?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: