Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 720 updating speed camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

720 updating speed camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grakar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: 720 updating speed camera database Reply with quote

hi, i have a 720, it is my third one, the first one worked fine downloaded the speed cameras via my subscription fine and then hard drive failed, the second one despite having tranferred the device no. over on my account never would update or install cam database, account was fine, could update traffic via wireless data but on receiving updates on computer never listed camera database as being among them and speed camera file remained at 0.1mb, after many conversations with tomtom was advised to exchange unit and open new account, transfer subscription and start again from scratch, i have even used different computer to make sure, but still cannot install or update camera data base other updates are fine, can anyone advise, tomtom insist all is fine their end.
thanks,
graham
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 720 updating speed camera database Reply with quote

grakar wrote:
but still cannot install or update camera data base other updates are fine, can anyone advise, tomtom insist all is fine their end.
There have been other folk with this problem who have actually been told by Tom Tom that they (TT) have a known problem with it. So you takes your pick.

As for advice - quite simply, subscribe and get the cameras from here. The PGPSW speed camera database is acknowledged to be the best. It'll cost you £19 to subscribe to membership for a year.

You could try going into your PC and deleting the downloads in there, so that you get fresh ones next time. I don't know how well it would work, so perhaps best to copy the files to somewhere before deleting them?

Documents & Settings\YourName\My Documents\Tom Tom\Home\Downloads\Safety cameras\ ... various directories of cameras.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
grakar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess thats the answer, is there a specific place on here that tells how to apply the pgps database to 720
thanks for your help
graham
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grakar wrote:
i guess thats the answer, is there a specific place on here that tells how to apply the pgps database to 720
thanks for your help
graham
Not specifically how to do it to the 720, as the instructions are virtually identical for all tomtom devices.

In a nutshell, you download a zip file, unzip it, then copy the unzipped stuff onto the map folder of the 720.

You have to be a subscribed member before you can get the database.

To digress a little - Have you done a backup of your 720? If you haven't, GRRRR!! Do one right away before you get any further. Do it using Windows Explorer. Copy everything to your PC hard disk.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: