Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 710 Speed Camera POI's not showing up?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

710 Speed Camera POI's not showing up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FJSRiDER
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: 710 Speed Camera POI's not showing up? Reply with quote

Help please! My wife has a 710 that has been running the Speed Camera database perfectly well since last year. She decided to pay for a map upgrade recently (now 675.1409 according to the device) and I think she did/they included a firmware upgrade at the same time (6.525?).

Since then, despite the .bmp and .ov2 files being in the same directory as before (Western_Europe), the device cannot find and use them as POI's.

I can restore an old backup and they are fine. I can update them - but it on the old maps. I think that the update added 'TomTom PLUS' services that seems to have a 'Safety Camera warnings' that she has not used and I wonder if that is anything to do with the issue.

I've searched this (huge) forum for advice and may have missed the obvious. But does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this please - she obviously wants to use the new maps she has paid for and I'd have thought new firmware should still allow us to use the Speed Camera database.

What should I do?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You nearly found the answer yourself!
TomTom moved the management of their own speed camera warnings out of the POI menu and into the "Plus" menu (since V6.510 - Sept 18th 2006 if my info is correct).
You should be able to set them up from there, but it now has a FIXED warning distance and alert sound.
If you want full control back, you could consider swapping over to the ones from this site.
FJSRiDER
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
You nearly found the answer yourself!
TomTom moved the management of their own speed camera warnings out of the POI menu and into the "Plus" menu (since V6.510 - Sept 18th 2006 if my info is correct).

This looks good - so once I had reinstalled the updated version and deleted their cameras I appear to have got the speed camera database installed - although the POI's are in a directory called 'Western Europe' (note no underscore!)

Looks OK - yet to test - but they show up.
Andy_P2002 wrote:
You should be able to set them up rom there, but it now has a FIXED warning distance and alert sound.
If you want full control back, you could consider swapping over to the ones from this site.

I can set the distance warnings later....and again as I recall I did this for the original ones settings for her!

Thanks for that.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: