Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Poi camera capture software questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Poi camera capture software questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keithchr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Poi camera capture software questions Reply with quote

Hi - this is my 1st post so here goes:
I am using Tomtom Go 300 ver 6.520 and have just installed the Camera Capture POI software succesfully.
When I press the POI capture icon, a blue screen appears for 2-3 seconds saying "Loading POI capture" before the "Select POI type" screen appears.
My 1st question: Is the camera position recorded as soon as I tap the "capture POI" icon? or is it recorded, having waited 2-3 seconds for the "type of camera" screen to load and I choose the type of camera? Hope this makes sense (you can drive quite a way in 2-3 seconds!).
2nd question: On the Capture POI software download page, the "record POI" icon is shown on the 1st page of the Tomtom device it is installed on. I have to scroll to page 4 of 4 of the menu page to get to the "capture icon". I would rather not have to scroll thu 3 pages if possible so is there any way of moving the icon to the 1st menu page as shown here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/poicapture-tomtom-go.php

Thanks for your help
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The position is saved when you tap the POICapture icon, this gives you the chance to tap the remaining icons when safe to do so (or leave the whole capture routine to the passenger to be on the safe side).

In the download you should find a file TomTom.mnu if you put this in to the SdkRegistry folder you should find the POICapture icon has moved to page one of the menu, if you want to move further menu items around open the TomTom.mnu file using notepad on the PC and move the positions of each line of text to suit what you want - note POICapture will be listed as SDK1 - Mike
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The first time that you press the POICapture Icon, (after doing a Reset or when disconnecting from the PC), it will load the application into memory. This means that there is a slight delay before the application can capture a co-ordinate. On subsequent presses the capture is almost instantaneous.

The application is a Terminate and Stay Resident app, and will stay in memory until you do a Reset. It will stay there even if the Device is switched off.

For this reason it is usual to 'Capture' a location in your garden, and then delete it, before moving off.

One thing you have to bear in mind is that the data from the satellites is available only once every second. Therefore your press could be at the end of that second and at 60mph you will have travelled nearly 30 yards.

2. To get the POICapture Icon on Page 1 of the Main Menu, you need to have a file called TomTom.mnu in the SdkRegistry Folder.

If you have downloaded Version 1.06G a mnu file is included, but is not in the SdkRegistry.

From the page you linked to:
Quote:
/SdkRegistry

POICapture.bmp

POICapture.cap

TomTom.mnu

The TomTom.mnu is a custom menu for TomTom. The POI Capture TomTom.mnu is based closely on the standard menu. In the POI Capture TomTom.mnu, there is an extra (fourth) page in the main menu. The TomTom Traffic icon on page one has been replaced with the POI Capture icon. The fourth page has the TomTom Traffic icon and other useful icons.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Keithchr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great - thanks a lot Mike & Richard
Keithchr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

Could you look at the last line of the .mnu file snd tell me what I have to type in to make the TomTom TRAFFIC Icon appear on page 4 of the menu?

Thanks

MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE1|Main menu 1 of 4|
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK1|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2|Main menu 2 of 4|
MENUITEM|TASK_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_NIGHTVIEW|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE3|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE3|Main menu 3 of 4|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_EXIT_APP|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_FAVORITES|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_SOUND|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE4|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE4|Main menu of 4 of 4|
MENUITEM|TASK_??????????|
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the ???????? so the line reads:

MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_TRAFFIC|

Mike
Keithchr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Mike - perfect!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: