Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PMobiles not showing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PMobiles not showing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drrbr1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: PMobiles not showing Reply with quote

Question Sorry if this has been covered but if so I cannot find it! Old system, iPAQ 3970 with TT Navigator 5 downloading for months and months no problem - 1GB SD card. However of late, or perhaps I have only just realised (!), pMobile files downloaded as part of normal PocketGPS update file and pasted as before are not showing in map or giving alerts. If I copy the pMobile camera listings into the appropriate speed Mobile file, they DO show on map. Have yet to verify that alerts occur, but they normally do if they show on map. During pasting/copying no evidence that pMobile files are not transferring and they are there on iPAQ if checked with POI Warner (which I no longer use). The pMobiles just refuse to show up on the map or give alerts as everything else does. I have 33 custom POI's but no pMobiles listed in TT - the other categories are!
Use individual speed files as I have always done. Any thoughts appreciated.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi drrbr1,

I think that TomTom Navigator 5 has a reduced number of custom POI categories that it can use. The GOs that ran version 5 only had 27 custom POI categories. I can't remember the limit for TomTom Navigator 5.

If additional custom POI categories are installed then they are ignored. This may be what's happening with your pMOBILE POIs.

TBH, I don't use the pMOBILE POIs (and I'm a PocketGPSWorld camera verifier) for warnings, as the pMOBILE sites are "pending" and may not be as accurate as the normal ones which have already been verified.

However, I do use a concatenated POI that contains all of the speed zoned versions of the pMOBILE POIs, which I use for navigating to each pMOBILE site and verifying that all parameters are correct (i.e. location, speed limit, heading, etc).

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
drrbr1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert
Thanks for your reply. I understand TT Navigator 5 has a limit of 40 custom POI's (Ihave 33).
How this arose is that I intended to report a mobile camera only to find it is already there as a pending (11424) and then 21564. However, despite this it was not warning on my system. The investigation gave rise to the post after some correspondence with MaFt. he says pMobiles should show on map and give alerts. Certainly 11424 was operating 29 july - it should not be in pending.
Regards
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drrbr1 wrote:
How this arose is that I intended to report a mobile camera only to find it is already there as a pending (11424) and then 21564. However, despite this it was not warning on my system. The investigation gave rise to the post after some correspondence with MaFt. he says pMobiles should show on map and give alerts. Certainly 11424 was operating 29 july - it should not be in pending.
Regards

I think you may have chanced upon a coincidence of circumstances here. 11424 is NOW a confirmed mobile site - you may have checked it just in between it being moved from the pmobile set into the main confirmed set.
I cannot find 21564 anywhere. I wonder if you mean 25164, which is a pmobile (still unverified) site on A43 north of crossroads with A47? That should be warning you if the warnings are working - I still fancy Robert's suggestion of going over the limit, although I don't know Navigator 5.

Could you try doing a Demo route from Corby, Westcott Way, to Stamford High Street - on that route there are several mobile and pmobile sites at different speeds. - In Oakley Road, Corby, there are two 40mph pmobiles and one confirmed 40mph mobile. Then as you get to Collyweston, pmobile:25164 at 60mph, mobile:7165@30 and Pmobile:11838@30. This might throw up either pmobiles or mobiles which are not warning. It used to be with the GO models that the missing warnings were somewhat random if you exceeded the "permitted" maximum number of POIs.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the POI limit on TT5 is 34.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
drrbr1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! It was 25164 on the A43 as is 11424 at Fineshades. Morning rush! I know the mobile cameras you suggest through Collyweston - 2 @30 and 2 @40. All show up OK so apparently it is not just a simple Mobile or pMobile
I am pretty sure about the max no. of custom POI's in TomTom 5 being 40 - there have been numerous posts about this. (In TT 6 it is supposed to be 100). The fact that I have 33 listed means it must be more than 27. Even if I deactivate a few, can't get pMobiles to take their place.
I haven't done the Corby ones of late but I think I know the ones you mean - if so, they also show up.
It will be a couple of weeks before I can do the route again.
Many thanks for your interest.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The limit with Navigator version 5 is 39 any more than that and you will have fun (problems), have a look in the map folder on the memory card using Windows Explorer and count up how many files end with the extension .ov2 these are your custom POI files one other thought though have you got more than one map installed to the card? it is not unknown for people to put the POI files in a different map folder which is not the current active map resulting in the POI files not showing up - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drrbr1 wrote:
It will be a couple of weeks before I can do the route again.
Many thanks for your interest.
No need to drive the routes - set it as A-B route, then do a demo run during the adverts tonight.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
drrbr1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Thanks Dennis/Mike.
I have lots of homework to do - but it won't be today or tomorrow!
Will let you know.

Regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: