Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MyGuide 4200 - Not reading SD card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MyGuide 4200 - Not reading SD card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hillhill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: MyGuide 4200 - Not reading SD card Reply with quote

Hi
I think I posted this on the wrong forum so am reposting it here - sorry about the confusion.
I'm a newbie here - having just purchased a MyGuide 4200 from Lidl. Seems a good piece of kit and I think I have sucessfully installed the camera database (won't know till I actually go past a camera - not many in my area!) but I am having trouble seeing the sd card I have put in it with a few test .jpg's and .mp3's on. It's only a 512M so it's not a size problem!
I reformatted to FAT not FAT32 first as I found a reference to this but still to no avail.
Has anyone else had a problem accessing the sd card?
If so how did you fix it - if you managed to?
Any help much appreciated.
Hilary
Hillhill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: MyGuide 4200 (Silverlink from Lidl) Reply with quote

As well as not being able to see the sd card I have now come across some other problems with the MyGuide 4200
I tried new swapping it for a new one (twice) at Lidl but the new one has exactly the same problems so I'm inclined to think it is in need of a software/firmware upgrade maybe?

The symptoms are...

1) the voice prompt and all sound disappears after a short while
2) It regularly has a fatal error and reboots the navigation
3) It will only do one Active Sync with my computer then either forces me to make a new partnership and/or restart my desktop pc

I've email the support at MyGuide but have got no answers yet - and I can't seem to get the phone number to be recognised.

Suggestions anyone?

(Besides getting my money back - the navigation does work nicely otherwise!)
Thanks
Hilary
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: MyGuide 4200 Reply with quote

Yes I've got same, have d/loaded camera database and put in
\Flash Disk\MyGuide\poi\speedcam
but don't see cameras still on a test route & flyover; do see those I've added manually.

Havent bought SD card and just transferred data via supplied USB.

I've e mailed too and await response; yours sounds faulty; phone no. does work, as I've used once; remember numbers starts 00800 for Germany. Cool
Hillhill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: MyGuide 4200 Reply with quote

Thanks for the Phone no info - I'll try again

Does your Flyover mode go fast or slowly? Mine only does slow - is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

The speed cam data seemed to work fine when I took it for a spin. Not sure about Flyover.

And lookie here...

http://www.myguide-navigator.de/en/kat.php?k=7

An update for the 4200!
But it needs the sd card to work :-( - I've tried putting the file on the sd card and re-booting according to the readme pdf but to no avail!

Anyone any ideas what to do with the file - where to put it/install it via Active Sync if at all possible?

Cheers
Hilary
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've taken a look at the contents of the update file. I think that you have to use the SD card to install it, as it seems likely that it uses a fixed path to the flash device within the unit to perform the auto update.

As far as I can tell, the update will only update the application and not the device drivers, so I don't think it will help with the SD card issue at all.

I also took a look at Windows CE.net 4.2 support for SD cards. It's a little flaky apparently but fundamentally should work.

This could just be a bad batch of these units supplied to that particular location and I am beginning to think that maybe they need to be returned as unfit for purpose.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Z.
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Slow fly over Reply with quote

Yes mine is same, and not adjustable.

If you speak to them + get some advice, please post.
Hillhill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now used the device in anger for a couple of days and it seems to have settled down - no more crashes, voice stayed active, even Actice sync worked. All in all it worked a treat and told me about all the speed cameras too. I'm really pleased with it.

dj_eiffel (Daniel) tells me he bought a brand new sd card and it worked fine straight away, and he installed the update via it fine so I'm off to get me a new sd card!

Just thought I'd update on my progress, especially after my first list of problems that may have put people off the unit!

Hilary[/b][/i]
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Now settled down Reply with quote

Glad to hear it's behaving.
I have no SD cards as my camera uses MMC format.

As there's a hot fix for the Silvercrest 4200 posted on MY Guides site,
which can only be applied via the SD card, and using slider on/off, thought I'd try with my format; MMC are same size as SD's.

Glad to say it took the hot fix when I restarted. Laughing
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really glad that things have worked out for you both. Maybe it's fussy about the type/make of SD card, as they are not all equal.

Regards,
Z.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: