Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unlock mio map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unlock mio map

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ygrossma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Unlock mio map Reply with quote

Hi every one,
I'm new here, I have mio digiwalker C310, I buy it in USA and I installed Israel map but after the restart I see a massege on the screen that told me "the map is locked", need your help how to unlock the map, please Question Question Question
Thanks, Crying or Very sad
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a legitimate copy of the map it shouldn't need unlocking. I suggest you go back to whoever supplied you with the map.

Sal
WorldSpy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too bought a C310x in the United States and now want to use it in Estonia. I found a iGo map of Estonia, copied into my flash and also get the message "the map is locked". I find Sallyann's reply unhelpful, does anyone know how to unlock the figgin' map or have an already unlocked version of it?

Ilmar
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might find it unhelpful but it is the correct answer.

If you want help to crack maps and pirate them then please find another forum.

Check the forum rules.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ygrossma and WorldSpy stop this right away. Not only is piracy against this forum's rules, but it is also despicable. It is stealing the bread from somebody else's mouth - would you do that to your children, your sister, your parents? What I'm saying is, if your families relied on making and selling maps, how would you like it if someone pirated a copy and passed it on to so many other people that you didn't sell any more? Or how would you feel about somebody coming into your house and taking your stuff?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
WorldSpy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to buy a real map if they would only sell it at a reasonable price. All I want is Estonia (PERIOD), but they will only sell me all of Europe for more than what I paid for the whole GPS. If the prices were reasonable I would buy it but they are not reasonable even if I did want all of Europe. Until things are sold at a price that makes sense, let them reap the fruits of their greed. In wanting everything they get nothing. Now if we could just take down big pharma!!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WorldSpy wrote:
I would be happy to buy a real map if they would only sell it at a reasonable price.
So go draw your own map and fix it so that it works on your satnav device. Or don't you know how to do that? Or don't you have the time to survey Estonia to draw your own map. It's not for you to say their map is not being sold at a reasonable price - you have absolutely no idea what they've spent and are continuing to spend in order to produce maps. The price is what they judge to be a reasonable price, including profit for them and I suppose money to cover future development. If you don't LIKE the price, fair enough, don't buy it.

BUT DON'T GO GETTING IT FREE OR CHEAP FROM SOME PIRATE SCUMBAG.

WorldSpy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I bet you actually pay for all your MP3's and wouldn't dream of sharing or even ripping them from CDs you aready own or GASP! borrowed. Further you love dealing with digital rights management and having someone else tell you what you can or cannot do with your own files.

Different strokes for different folks. As I stated before, if they sold me Estonia only I would probably buy it but the price has to be sane. I have no sympathy for manufactures and/or developers that feel they have you by your short and curlies.
WorldSpy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further, why unlock a CE device? If the manufacturer wanted you to have full capabilities at the price of a GPS they would have given it to you in the first place. Why cheat the GPS manufacturer or Microsoft from an upgrade? If the manufacturer wanted you to have a descent MP3 player he would have given you one raher than offering to sell you an different GPS that is exactly the same as the one you bought except it plays MP3s well and maybe video too. Keep control where it belongs, to large multinational corporations and "F" the consumer. Is that what you are telling me? If so, shut down your site.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought all my CDs from real shops (and some scumbag stole them from me). I don't know what a CE device is, so I don't know anything about unlocking one.

I do know about locking threads and this one has gone far enough.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: