Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOm Go 510 and TOMTOM home 2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOm Go 510 and TOMTOM home 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: TOMTOm Go 510 and TOMTOM home 2 Reply with quote

I have tomtom go 510. Just recently there was new update for the application.
1)How do I use the Map corrections feature???
2)Do I have to pay for the Maps again to use this function?
3)Is there anyway I can get free Traffic update info like on GO520??
4) There is new safety features on my TOMTOM go 510, like the "warn when driving faster then allowed", i dont think these are working. How do i check?
5)The tomtom home has also been updated but when you do the back up, the backups are not stored with a name. is that right??

Please I will appreciate if someone can answer these questions for me.
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answers for 1 and 2 you would have to purchase the latest maps before you can use the map corrections feature. Your TT510 should have given you a message to this effect when selected the option.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. There is a Topic on that Here. Also a Search for it will reveal several discussions on it.

2. It depends which Maps you have. To be fully functioning it will need a 675 Map, or higher.

3. Which free Traffic Update?

4. I take it you mean the Safety Preferences, then go into the Menu and select Turn the Screen off above a certain speed. (Something like that anyway).

Set the cut off speed to 10 and then do a short Demo Route, and the Map should disappear after a second or two.

Is that what you meant?

5. Please don't use HOME for backing up. So many things seem to go wrong. Have a look at #1 of the FAQs Page.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "warn when driving faster then allowed", only works when, errrrrm, you are driving faster then allowed", Laughing Out Loud, you get an annoying "Beep".
Tom1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
1. There is a Topic on that Here. Also a Search for it will reveal several discussions on it.

2. It depends which Maps you have. To be fully functioning it will need a 675 Map, or higher.

3. Which free Traffic Update?

4. I take it you mean the Safety Preferences, then go into the Menu and select Turn the Screen off above a certain speed. (Something like that anyway).

Set the cut off speed to 10 and then do a short Demo Route, and the Map should disappear after a second or two.

Is that what you meant?

5. Please don't use HOME for backing up. So many things seem to go wrong. Have a look at #1 of the FAQs Page.

Thanks for your reply.
1 and 2)How do I check which version of maps I have?? I bought the go 510 in Nov 2006. I have not updated the maps since. But to update Do I have to buy the maps again? Is there no way too update without buying the maps again?
3)New tomtom go 520 comes with free traffic updates for life. could this be available on Go 510 too? thats what I meant. sorry.
Tom1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLZ someone tell me. do I have to buy the maps again for the map corrections to work??? and can i not get free traffic update like in GO 520?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 520T comes with free traffic information as it is supplied with an RDS-TMC receiver which plugs into the Go. You can purchase one of these to work with your 510, just make sure get one of the new ones as the earlier models didn't work in the UK, the new one isn't 100% but it is considerably better than previous attempts.

What version of map is on your current device, tap the sat strength meter then the box that says version and a whole load of information will be displayed including the map version, if it is 675 or higher it will work with MapShare, any less and you will need a new map - Mike
Tom1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just says version 7.160. how do i find the map version??

How much are these RDS-TMC receivers??? and what do i look for when i buy one??

Thanks
Tom1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out the version of maps using tomtom home. it's 650. now how do i get the new version?? surely i wouldent have to pay £30 to tomtom would I?? cant some one just send me the file??

How much are these RDS-TMC receivers??? and what do i look for when i buy one??

thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do indeed need to pay for the new map and at the moment they are cheaper than normal so grab a bargain.

As for the cost of the RDS units I have seen them around the £35 although they are listed at 70 Euros on the TomTom web site, to see what they look like have a look through This Thread, you want the device that ends with -013 which is on the label attached to the cable - Mike
Tom1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
You do indeed need to pay for the new map and at the moment they are cheaper than normal so grab a bargain.

As for the cost of the RDS units I have seen them around the £35 although they are listed at 70 Euros on the TomTom web site, to see what they look like have a look through This Thread, you want the device that ends with -013 which is on the label attached to the cable - Mike

Hi again. When you say the maps are cheaper right now??? I can't find UK + westen europe maps on tomtom website. Can you send me the location where i can find these maps plz.
Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find the UK or Western Europe map Here - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: