Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Good Value
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Value

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Good Value Reply with quote

I am visiting England on the 7th of June and will be using sat-nav in ernest for the first time.
To enable me to get the very best value for my £2 when would be the best date to activate my subscription, I was thinking 6th of June but if I cock it up I'm snookered .
Waddya think?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in case it ends up as an echeque i'd do it 10 days before!

you get a months worth of downloads for the £2 so you should get at least 2 versions

MaFt
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righto then , I will have one less pint tonight and use the saved money to purchase one month subs and a bag of dry roasted peanuts
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you win the lottery?

This time last week, you were angling for free membership Laughing Laughing

mrgrimsby wrote:
I am visiting England on the 7th of June and will be using sat-nav in ernest for the first time.
Waddya think?

You're only coming from the Isle of Wight, but make it sound like you're travelling from afar Rolling Eyes

Stop this man at Passport Control, that's what I think Laughing

Do you have the necessary visas and other travel documentation to cross the Solent Question Laughing

Welcome aboard
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Good Value Reply with quote

mrgrimsby wrote:

I thought you used satnav to deliver boats? Anyway, I think you also said Isle of Wight is only 14 miles long, so I presume that's the experience level of your long distance driving. Please make sure you stay within 15 miles radius of Southampton, then most of us will be safe! Twisted Evil Oh, and just as a freebie for you, there's a mobile camera site at the junction of the M27 and M271.

How long are you coming for? Join (successfully, not e-cheque long delay method) on 1st June and the worst case scenario would be you'd get the current database, updated on 17th May. But judging by recent performance (two updates in May and PGPSW ambition is to issue new ones fortnightly), it's odds on a new release will be out in a fortnight's time, only days before your big adventure starts. If you won't have internet access during the expedition, call round at Keynsham in the middle of your grand tour and I'll let you sign into pgpsw on my super new expensive MacBook Pro 17 (in your own identity) and download a fresh update for yourself whilst you're here. :D

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
RQ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful visting DeniseN and saving his location in your favourites or your missus will wonder what you are doing

TT1v3 6.560 1713 UK&NI 660.1199
TTG700 6.520 1387 MoWE 660.1219
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RQ wrote:
Be careful visting DeniseN and saving his location in your favourites or your missus will wonder what you are doing
Now that's frightening. Do you remember ..... the teeth! 8O

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Good Value Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
[on my super new expensive MacBook Pro 17

A fellow Mac man 8) ...don't leave your MacBook Pro in your van Exclamation Laughing

Don't ask me which one I use, because I repair them, so I 'use' the whole range.

Knock the spots off any Windows PC though Exclamation

Roll on Leopard (10.5)

Anyway, we digress again.

DennisN wrote:
Please make sure you stay within 15 miles radius of Southampton, then most of us will be safe!

I think he probably already is within a 15 mile radius, but safely on the other side of the Solent Smile

I think that what Mr Grimsby might be saying is that this will be the first time he will personally be using sat nav, as opposed to sitting in a car (or Shogun) with somebody else's system running.

Whatever the case, he's come to the right place to get so much for his £2.

...but when he 'visits England', I hope there's no language barrier - it could be like the US, where the IOW is separated by a common language Laughing Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Good Value Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
A fellow Mac man
I fear you overestimate me. I've known for 20 years that Macs are better than PCs, but through force of work, had to go the PC route. So I've only had a MacBook for a couple of weeks and I'm having great difficulty getting into it - doesn't stop me admiring it, but I have a long way to go. I just wish they'd hurry up and open the new Apple place nearby, so that I can go get some hands on learning. I am desperately trying to avoid Parallels or something similar, so I'm still mainly PC.

As for Mr G taking care of his favourites, I thought it was "Recent Destinations" he needed to clear.

And the teeth are now quite unremarkable - I won't post pictures for fear of a certain valuable amphibian becoming upset again (he's the only one who'll understand that reference).

mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleased to anounce I have subscribed and updated my camera database with the latest release. I am travelling to Derby for a wedding on thursday the 7th June and I return to the Isle of wight on Saturday the 9th...I am really annoyed I have to go to this bloomin wedding as I will mis The first day of the the "Isle of Wight Festival"!!
http://community.isleofwightfestival.com/content/LineUp.aspx
It means I will miss Snow Patrol and Echo and the Bunnymen to name but a few.
However I will be back for saturday night and Sunday to see The Rolling Stones...ROCK ON!!!!! Weddings??? who needs em?
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.

I don't understand why they failed to recognise your position in life and organise their wedding around your plans...and they say that Kate Middleton's mother was too middle class for saying "toilet" instead of "lavatory" and "how are you?" instead of "how do you do?" but this is far more serious Laughing

mrgrimsby wrote:

...that's only two, unless you count Echo and Bunnymen and separate bands.

What an education in music this forum is proving to be, Mr Grimsby is raving about Snow Patrol and Echo and the Bunnymen, whilst DennisN was heartbroken when Chopin, Mendelsohn and Black Dyke Mills brass band CDs were stolen from his van
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy the grammar associated with the above statement is proper. In my opinion 2 is a few in this context, If you can understand it its ok ....I can't understand proper grammar at the best of times .
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgrimsby wrote:
However I will be back for saturday night and Sunday to see The Rolling Stones...ROCK ON!!!!! Weddings??? who needs em?
Ye Gods and little fishes, no wonder you give the impression of being a "challenged" person. Personally, I'd prefer it if the wedding was on the Saturday so that I'd have a good excuse to be away for the whole of the so called Festival. Twisted Evil Now you've become the second person I know who likes the Rolling Stones.

The world's a funny place and like they say, "All the world's queer except me and GPS_fan and even he's a bit queer" (being in the old fashioned Yorkshire sense, not the new fashioned politically incorrect sense).

You can console yourself with the knowledge that our policemen are wonderful and they will not be getting you with a speed camera.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: