Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing spoken poi on TTN6 for Xda orbit PPC.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing spoken poi on TTN6 for Xda orbit PPC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Encio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Installing spoken poi on TTN6 for Xda orbit PPC. Reply with quote

Hi Guys I just want to inform anyone that installing the spoken poi for TTN6 on XDA orbit is a bit tricky. sonme of you might have figured it out and some of might have not so for those having a hardtime heres how it goes:

for some reason I can not find the version of my TTN6 so i assume that build (7370) for PPC should work so thats the one i used and it works.

follow the procedure as instructed on Pocket gps world heres the link: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php

now this was the tricky bit that i was saying. you should connect and syncronize your XDA orbit to your computer and transfer the file thru usb connection. you can not transfer using the card reader because the target directory is not in the memory card (storage card) it is in the phones directory to find it, here's how.

using file explorer of your computer go to:
start/
my computer/
mobile device/
my windows mobile-base device(this sub directory may different for some models)/
program files/
Navigator

paste your file in this folder you should find the original (data.chk recovered file fragments) in this folder, just overwrite the file and thats it! your done.

Dont forget to back up your files just incase something bad happens, but it did work for me so i dont see any reason why it wont work to any XDA orbit owners.

one more thing i just received my external anntenna for my XDA orbit and the GPS signal improved dramaticaly its is not a MCX or MMCX connector it uses MS-147(WTF!??) connector so dont bother buying those two common types of connector cause it just wont fit. i bought that annt from ebay and it wasn't that easy to find one coz only one chap from china sells it, try visiting his shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/WiWayCN he may still have some left.

I hope this information helps confused XDA orbit owners.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by Mullet on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Encio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not really to be perfectly honest Laughing , but thanks for the info.

Mullet wrote:
You never heard of the .ogg method then?

HERE
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: