Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help on downloading
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help on downloading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmymerlin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Help on downloading Reply with quote

Hi
I have found a good training guide on one of your pages which shows a step by step guide on how to download and store files to a tom tom. The guide only showed up to a tom tom 700.
I have a Tomtom 910.

Where can I find a beginners guide to show me how to download and store to my tom tom 910???

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy, Have a read through This One which is for the 910 and includes setting up the Text To Speech warnings if using a Computer Voice - Mike
jimmymerlin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Help on downloading Reply with quote

jimmymerlin wrote:
Hi
I have found a good training guide on one of your pages which shows a step by step guide on how to download and store files to a tom tom. The guide only showed up to a tom tom 700.
I have a Tomtom 910.

Where can I find a beginners guide to show me how to download and store to my tom tom 910???

Thanks

Thanks Mike, I have found that help page but get stuck after the help guide tells me to extract the file . This appears after the image that says download complete.

When I click on the unzipped file,it unzips and appears in a different window but then there are no instructions to follow that are same as in the guide.

Hope you can help me. I only joined tonight and don't really know anything about how to unzip and then transfer files to my tom tom 910
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing being discussed HERE.

Hope what I've said there helps Wink (for the future it's best to only ask each question in one place, otherwise the answers get scattered and head off in different directions!)
jimmymerlin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Same thing being discussed HERE.

Hope what I've said there helps Wink (for the future it's best to only ask each question in one place, otherwise the answers get scattered and head off in different directions!)

Hello Andy, thanks for the reply.

I have not tried to follow the information you sent me in the other link yet but I can understand what I need to do and will give it a try tomorrow.

I take the point about only asking one question in one place. When I asked the questions yesterday one of them was for info on how to download speed camera updates and the other one was for info on how to download POI's and I did not realise that the answer would be the same for both.

Thank you ever so much for your help and as I say I'll try what you sent me tomorrow when I get home from work.
Bye
Jimmy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: