Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Perspective Buyer, need more info on Redlight & Speedcam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Perspective Buyer, need more info on Redlight & Speedcam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solarbaby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Perspective Buyer, need more info on Redlight & Speedcam Reply with quote

Nothing would make me happier then subscribing right now if I knew that the State of Nevada in USA was included in the Redlight & Speedcams POI download. I heard somewhere California is available.. maybe 30 or 40 cameras in the entire state. I really don't like spreading word of mouth when it comes to topics such as this so I request any member who has access to the USA Speed Cameras & Redlights to download and browse at them for me and report back on their findings since the information is in no way available for me to look up myself. Thanks for this. If there is a mid size list for Nevada I'll become a customer today and I'll start adding more cameras to the database.

Thank You for your time and effort.

-Dave
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

At present we only have redlight cameras for California. We are working on building up our international camera POI's but in the meantime if CA isn't any use for you then I'd leave it for now.

You could, however, submit any cameras you know of and if we get them confirmed you would be given a free subscription. Once we get more American cameras in the database then the subscription would be more useful, but we have to start somewhere!

In the mean-time feel free to grab a load of the POI's from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=POIs as we have specific American section for these and they are free to download and submit new ones.

Cheers

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt beat me to it, while I was researching my reply... but I've written it now so might as well post it anyway!

I don't have any personal experience of using them, but I can tell you ('cos I've just downloaded it and looked at it) that there is one US camera file available from here.
It is called "USA - Redlight cameras southern California" and has 110 entries.

I've also recently seen a free file for "NYC Speed Cameras" (is that near California? Wink) with 104 entries, you can get it HERE

There are probably some more out there somewhere.
Solarbaby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you both for good and fast answers, and the research involved. You confirmed my suspicions. So the best way to register new cameras would be to take my gps out into the field and start clicking on the screen with some application open that registers the camera? I'm just wondering if Las Vegas has a website that lists which cameras are on what streets.

Thanks Gentlemen
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have a tomtom product (unlikely as i don't think they've really hit america yet) you can use our free software: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/poicapture.php

if not, then you may have to find some other way to manually save the locations!

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: