Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: GPS software Reply with quote

My first GPS was an ETrex Summit but this was replaced with a Dell Axim + Holux CF card and Fugawi for O.S. maps and TomTom for road navigation. Really pleased with all this but ..

There are a number of things which I could do easily on the Summitt which I can't seem to do easily on this setup so perhaps someone could guide me.

1. On the Summitt I got an on screen note of the accuracy - clearly this is based on Number of Sats in view etc but I don't see any guide to accuracy using either of the above - more particularly Fuagwi.

2. If I want to navigate to a Waypoint I find the Fugawi method illogical but this may simply require more experimentaion - what I want is simply an arrow which guides me to the Waypoint.

3. When walking I would like a record of DISTANCE travelled - like a pedometer. On the summitt this was standard. On Fugawi I need to upload the track to the PC and then get a record of distance. This is less than helpful when I am miles from my PC.

Is there a 3rd party software package - preferably free! - which provides such functionality? or would these features be available in Memory Maps software - which I could change to?

Roy
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at FollowMe GPS.

For the accuracy data - please check VisualGPS - it shows the DOP for both position and altitude. The DOP data is included in the standard NMEA stream but few programs bother to use or display this data. It is not really important as soon as you move around.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: