Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman iCN 530 not recognised by my computer.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman iCN 530 not recognised by my computer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caravanj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Navman iCN 530 not recognised by my computer. Reply with quote

I have just got an iCN 530 ( second hand ) and have installed Smart ST and Active Sync but when I plug the unit in and switch it on I get the "device not recognised " message. I have tried doing both hard and software resets but to no avail.
The unit works ok it's just that I can't use the Smart ST to install POI's etc.
caravanj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I've tried it on two computers.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman iCN 530 not recognised by my computer. Reply with quote

caravanj wrote:
I have just got an iCN 530 ( second hand ) and have installed Smart ST and Active Sync but when I plug the unit in and switch it on I get the "device not recognised " message. I have tried doing both hard and software resets but to no avail.
The unit works ok it's just that I can't use the Smart ST to install POI's etc.

First, are you sure the SmartST is the compatible version to your Navman 530?

Second, is the MS Active Synch up to date? Check to see if there is a later version available.

Last, do you load the SmartST desktop before plugging in and switching on the device? If you don't, try that. i.e. Load Smart ST and wait for the warning dialog box. THEN, connect your Navman, switch it on (it may start automatically) and click NEXT. If it is recognised at this point wait for some time for the SmartST to fully load - up to 2/3 minutes. Wink
caravanj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
Yes it's the correct version because I got the discs new from Navman recently. Also the Active Sync on my PC is later than the version on the Navman CD.
I load up the Smart ST before conneting the 530 but to no avail. Also the manual connection facility in Active Sync doesn't find the 530.
AJuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with my N20- my firewall was blocking it so worth checking that.

Recently it started to fail to connect again but this time the activesync connection settings had changed (?) to not allow USB connections.

Alex
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caravanj wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
Yes it's the correct version because I got the discs new from Navman recently. Also the Active Sync on my PC is later than the version on the Navman CD.
I load up the Smart ST before conneting the 530 but to no avail. Also the manual connection facility in Active Sync doesn't find the 530.

I seem to remember I had this problem in 2004 when I first got my 510...trying to remember how it was solved. Could have been something to do with the security software Idea Sorry, mind going Crying or Very sad
caravanj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've disabled my firewall and virus checker. Also I made sure that USB connection was enabled in Active Sync. I have used SmartST with an iCN 635 and an iCN 720 with no problems which is why this has baffled me. I could understand it if the 530 was faulty but every function works extremely well. I only got the 530 so that I didn't have to keep swapping the 720 between cars. If push comes to shove I'll put my Talex Lite speed camera detector in the second car ( problem is it doesn't recognise redlight cameras).
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possibilty is that the device driver for the 530 is incorrectly installed. Dive into the bowls of Control Panel/ System/ Hardware devices (I think - MS always move these around with variations of Windows)

What you are looking for is the USB Device Driver for the iCN530. Look for any USB device drivers with red lines/crosses/question marks through them and delet them. Also be aware that if you start in Safemode, lots more are likely to turn up.

Once you have cleaned these out (provided the iCN530 is actually OK), you should be able to plug in your 530. Windows will ask for the device driver and you should be away.

Sorry for my rather imprecise instructions - it's been a while since I had problems like this.
caravanj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I've sold the unit now to someone who wanted the T1 Traffic Module I had with it and they weren't bothered about loading in speed cameras.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: