Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Cameras on TT910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Cameras on TT910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juiceloose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Speed Cameras on TT910 Reply with quote

Hi folks,

My sister has just purchased a TT910 for her husband for Xmas.

Can you transfer the speed camera locations to the unit as can on my TT One or do you have to buy them via Tom Tom.

I haven't seen the 910 unit yet (she's coming round this weekend) but she's been reading the instructions and reckons you pay Tom Tom for the locations.

Many thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, you can use the TomTom camera database or in you want better accuracy you can use the database from this site Wink to set-up the cameras on the 910 have a quick read through THIS it will show you how to set-up the Text To Speach in addition to the normal installation - Mike
Juiceloose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thank you for your reply and link.

I nipped round to my sisters tonight and had a play with the 910. I connected it to the PC and then backed up the contents. I then extracted the files as detailed to the 910 then disconnected it from the PC.

When I go to manage POI's, none of the camera locations appear in the drop down menu for selection. I reconnected the 910 to PC and tried to extract the files again only to get a warning that they were already present and did I want to copy them over the existing files.

I disconnected from PC again but still cannot the files within the POI drop down list. Only the standard TT POI's appear eg. chemist, petrol station etc.

In addition, on your link to adding the camera locations the screenshot of 'Manage POI's' shows all six options lit. On the 910 I have only 'Warn when near POI' and 'Add POI category' are avaialable to select.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong ??

Many thanks,

Steve.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean this screen:

Then you will not get any of the other options "lit up" if you have no user POI categories installed (you cannot add or delete items from the built-in POIs).

If you were to tap "Add POI category" and created one (try it!) you would then find "Add POI" would light up and you could add one (from a point on the map or whatever). Once you'd done that, you would find that "Delete POI" would now be available too. Get the idea? Smile

So basically you have made a mistake adding the files somewhere.
As your PC is telling you that the files are already there, are you sure you have put them in the right place?
They need to be put in the MAP folder, individually(I.e. not in a sub-folder).

The contents of your map folder should look something like this:

cline.dat
cname.dat
cnode.dat
faces.dat
Great_Britain.mid
Great_Britain.mms
Great_Britain.pna
Great_Britain-Map.cfg
mapinfo.dat
{followed by the POI files}
pocket_gps_uk_gatso_20.bmp
pocket_gps_uk_gatso_20.ov2
pocket_gps_uk_gatso_30.bmp
pocket_gps_uk_gatso_30.ov2
{then}
poi.dat
tmccodes.dat
traffic.dat
traffic.inc

(this is from my Go300, with a 910 anything with "Great_Britain" in the name will be replaced with something like "Western_Europe". There may be a few other differences, but my point is that this is where the files need to be). Also, the file names above are assuming you have downloaded the "speed-zoned" set of files.

Take it slowly and don't cut any corners. The instructions are right, but it's easy to miss a step out.
Juiceloose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeAlder and Andy,

Thank you for your advice.

I followed your instructions time and time again but still the camera locations etc. did not appear in the POI list.

I eventually gave up and just took the unit out on the road to test that it worked. When I tried to type in my home postcode it would only let me type in an American address or postcode.

I eventually figured out how to select the European map and having done so, the list of cameras appeared in the POI list. Everything is now working fine.

Having played with the unit I have to say I still prefer the new version of the TT One. Less bulky and for use in the UK, it's perfect.

Thanks again for your time and advice.

Cheers,

Steve.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha... wrong map all that time! Laughing

Glad you got it sorted out in the end, and thanks for reporting back, it's nice to have 'closure'! Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: