Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Warning tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Warning tomtom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigfatgoalie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: POI Warning tomtom Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just downloaded the cameras for tomtom, done them by type, e.g. gatso20, gatso30 etc etc.

Now want to set a 'warn where near POI', but what's the best way? does it have to be done individually? i.e. set the distance and noise for every single one!? i.e. about 25 files for all types and speeds!?

is there a quicker way to do this cause when i update the database and delete my old ones I have to re-program the warnings all over again!

is there anyway to save the warnings ( i guess they are attached to the file and so get deleted when the files get overwritten on update) but there must be a quicker way!!?

Spose the alternative is to download the one consolidated file (with one symbol for all types/speeds) and then only have one warning to set! but then all the symbols are the same and so I dont get to see the speed on the icon when it goes on en route.

Any ideas on saving time to program the warnings every time I update!?
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set all the individual warnings.

After the first installation, where you copy over all .ov2 and bmp files, all you have to do at the next update is copy over all the .ov2 files. You will already have the .bmp's

No need to remove the old ones when you update, they should be overwritten.
bigfatgoalie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhh.

I see so setting up a 'warn when near' creates a bmp file on your tomtom SD card?

Presumablly it will still be there when I update and attach itself to the corresponding speed/type file.

handy!

cheers
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I see so setting up a 'warn when near' creates a bmp file on your tomtom SD card?

Presumablly it will still be there when I update and attach itself to the corresponding speed/type file.

Yes, once you've set up your warn when near, this will show e.g a small 30, a flashing 30 and a coundown in yards when you approach a camera.

When you set up a .tba camera, you will get the warning at the distance you set but once a speed has been attached, the camera is no longer .tba and the warning will automatically come at the distances you've set for that speed.

The following may help.

Mph - 30s - 20s - 15s – 10 secs warning.

70 - 1173- 782 - 587 - 391 yards
60 - 1026- 684 - 513 - 342
50 - 879 - 586 - 440 - 293
40 - 732 - 488 - 366 - 244
30 - 588 - 392 - 294 - 196
20 - 441 - 294 - 221 - 147

E.G If you want a 30 second warning, for a 60mph camera, use 1026 yards. If you want a 20 second warning for 50mph set to 586 yards etc. Remember the tba's could be any speed so be careful when setting the distance. The higher the better, it won't matter if you set too high because as I said before, once the camera has a known speed, it will use the preset distance for the now known camera speed.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigfatgoalie wrote:
ahhhhhh.

handy!

cheers

Not quite...
The .bmp for each speed and camera type are in the download package you get from here.

YOU have to copy them over at the same time as the ov2 files, but as you guessed you only have to do that bit once - when you update the ov2 files next month you just leave the bmps the same.

It IS a bit of a fag setting up the warning distances and sounds 24 times, but , again, you only have to do it once - when you update the ov2's your settings should remain. (Although sometimes when you do a firmware update, you DO have to set them up all over again Crying or Very sad )

Finally, you don't mention voice alerts...
Did you know that if you also add a sound file (in .ogg format) with exactly the same name as each .ov2 and.bmp file (but with the .ogg extension obviously), it will replace the in-built sound with that file.

You can download some good ones from the very bottom of THIS PAGE (use the22050 versions). There isn't a file for the 20mph unfortunately, just use another copy of the simple "Gatso" for those.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: